Gibson Brands Forums

BTW---found an all mahogany guitar

MissouriPicker

Earlier today I played an Alvarez MFA66ce at GC. Went back and bought it this afternoon. It was "used" for a very short time. They first released them right after Christmas and this one ended-up returned., I really am intrigued with the warm tone. Gave them 450 for it. It's OM size (whatever that means) and is just a little bit smaller than the dreads. Haven't owned an Alvarez for ages. A very nice mid-priced guitar. Looks brand new. Quality is impressive for what I paid. They said this is just below their Yari line. It's not a Gibby, but I wasn't expecting it to be..........Still looking for another Gibson. Always room for one more. If you've got one you're selling, give me a yell. Just as soon buy from one of my brothers/sisters in here than somewhere else. (not interested in any small bodies or Songwriter models)

Congrats, MP. Congratulations on keeping an open mind, and an open ear. It will be enjoyable to see where the mahogany sound takes you, as you do a bit of a give and take in learning how it likes to be played, and how your current playing styles sound on the new guitar.

What strings do you favor? Any type of strings you thinking of trying on it?

Happy NGD to you.

Yeah guys, this is a nice guitar. Just the right size to keep near my recliner. Don't know if the original owner had it set-up or if it came this way, but quite playable and a fast neck (not that it matters to my technique). It never hurts to take a look at "used" guitars.

I'll get some pics of it and put them on photobucket. I'll give the link here when I get it done. The strings on it feel like lights. Really decent playability, so even mediums would likely feel fine, although heavier than what I play. I'll change the strings in a few days. Probably put some silk and steel strings on it. I'm not in to bluegrass volume and definitely don't play at that speed...lol...A soft sound will work fine for me.

Archived