Gibson Brands Forums

The Captain & Chappers

IanHenry

Impressive Tone. I'll tell you what. If you happen to not be able to afford a good tube amp, but at the same time happen into a really nice (expensive) speaker cab. Well then I would steer many of beginning players down this road.

But since that situation is unlikely, I find it tough to pin down a use for such an amp. I suppose if you were in a hotel and wanted to work on stuff or practice, it would be great.

At the very least I am interested. At that price point, it reminds me of something I would buy at a swap meet with the "what the hell" sort of acceptance of value/$. :-k

I was so impressed by those little amps last year that I bought two - the Purple Wind (Marshall Plexi voiced) and the British Invasion (AC30 voiced). Do they sound as good as my hand-wired tube amps? No way. But they sound good enough that the average listener who was not A/B comparing them to a good tube amp could not tell. So I am keeping one in my gig bag from now on. If one of my old tube amps fails in the middle of a performance, I can pop that Hotone in and carry on the gig. [thumbup] Well worth the $80 or so I paid for each.

Archived