Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
khan.cross

Behringer CMD 4a questions

Guys, I have the 2.51 LE version on a i7 Win7 laptop, Behringer ASIO driver 1.7 and a few questions:

1. Auto Gain, is this enabled by default and is there need of adjusting any gain during play?

2. I want to change some controlls. How is it possible deleting commands in the MIDI editor? I want to delete the FX knobs and assign filter, key, reverb etc.

3. In sync mode, manytimes I got delayed start. Why?

4. I want a screenview like attached 'photoshopped' screenshot. 4 Decks, A&B full, C&D small, no middle section. How is this possible?

Thanks for support!

KC

post-76762-055165300 1455317039_thumb.png

1. Yes, autogain is enabled by default. Usually it is not needed to use the gain control at all.

2. You will have to edit manually the MIDI script for your controller. You can remove or comment the lines in the MIDI script file and then use the MIDI learn alternatively.

3. I don't know. Does it start synchronised with the master deck?

4. It's not possible at this moment but we are working in new layouts for DD.

1. Yes, autogain is enabled by default. Usually it is not needed to use the gain control at all.

2. You will have to edit manually the MIDI script for your controller. You can remove or comment the lines in the MIDI script file and then use the MIDI learn alternatively.

3. I don't know. Does it start synchronised with the master deck?

4. It's not possible at this moment but we are working in new layouts for DD.

Regarding the MIDI editor, there is a config by default for the CMD 4a and not possible to delete any entry. I can assign new commands, but deleting the defaults are not possible. Not possible to delete the whole mapping or create a new. Or am I doing something wrong?

There is a file called "CMD Studio 4A" inside the folder "scripts" in DD's installation path. This file contains the code for the controller and it can be edited with a text editor. It's not easy but it's the way to edit the built-in mappings of the supported controllers.