Gibson Brands Forums

Post your favourite guitar you own

Bulldog86902

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Zappa recorded Freak Out! with one of those.

Yes, I think so. Jimmy Page owned one too and can be seen in the Coda album inlay/ sleeve with one.

I didn't get mine for either of those reasons though! I wanted a really good archtop for jazz and liked this as it didn't really have any players who were strongly associated with it. It was a somewhat underappreciated and overlooked Gibson archtop and looked and sounded amazing to me, so bought it back in 2011. Even though I mainly play it clean for jazz, it sounds awesome with a bit of gain on and is very versatile with the pickup options. You could really use it for pretty much any styles.

That's one expensive guitar for playin a buncha wrong notes.

yea but it's Jazz man,,, so you just play them again, in a few different places, and it will be considered brilliant a-tonal improvising.

I've seen it happen...

I swear...

my 95 Standard, it is still the one

B7-LP1_zpssc40pame.jpg

I dig les pauls.

Sweet! I myself am a big fan of Bigsby equipped Les Paul's, but I know a lot don't care for them. My only LP with a Bigsby is my 3p/u 1957 Custom Reissue and I love it! They had some awesome 1958 Reissues with Bigsby's a couple of years back which I would have loved, but missed out sadly.

Did your Standard come stock with the Bigsby or did you add it?

Sweet! I myself am a big fan of Bigsby equipped Les Paul's, but I know a lot don't care for them. My only LP with a Bigsby is my 3p/u 1957 Custom Reissue and I love it! They had some awesome 1958 Reissues with Bigsby's a couple of years back which I would have loved, but missed out sadly.

Did your Standard come stock with the Bigsby or did you add it?

Hi Cody,

I added that recently, I used a vibrate mount kit, so no permanent mods were required. I bought this new back in 95, and it's in just about mint condition, so I didn't want to do any thing permanent. Works really nicely. I like bigsby's too, I have a few guitars fitted with them.

Wow, lotta great guitars here.

Bit jealous - but happy for y'all. With recession and unemployment, and trying to make food and rent, I'm down to just the ONE guitar as of now :(

So no wonder I wanted the Epi LP to be perfect. Hopefully things will pick up soon - have fallen on hard times the last coupla years.

I choose to look at it this way: I finally got the Epiphone just right, and having just one guitar that I absolutely love, good health and a roof over my head - life could be worse. Glass-half-full kinda guy!

Wow, lotta great guitars here.

Bit jealous - but happy for y'all. With recession and unemployment, and trying to make food and rent, I'm down to just the ONE guitar as of now :(

So no wonder I wanted the Epi LP to be perfect. Hopefully things will pick up soon - have fallen on hard times the last coupla years.

I choose to look at it this way: I finally got the Epiphone just right, and having just one guitar that I absolutely love, good health and a roof over my head - life could be worse. Glass-half-full kinda guy!

Great attitude man! Hope things turn around for you.

More power to you mate [thumbup]

We can all of us only play one guitar at a time anyhow!

Archived