Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jfletcher67

NGD - 2016 Honeyburst Traditional T

I am generally opposed to too much "flame", myself. But this looks nice... and honey burst is perhaps my favorite of the bursts!

Congrats!

Congrats on your nice buy, HNGD! [thumbup] Looks pretty from here. [love]

I'm also a Honey Burst lover, there's one in my arsenal, too.

I vote for Marge

HA! In all honesty, Marge is a heckuva player! I got her basically free with a hardshell case & amp I bought off CL. Her wiring was all jacked up and her nut was trashed (and if you could see her up close you'd see all her aesthetic issues). But a quick nut swap from my other Epi LP (which I'd had a bone nut put onto) and a swap of some Epi pots and pups donated by friend, and a new 3-way toggle switch I just happened to have sitting around and she was up and running and sounding fantastic. I literally have less than $100 in her and that includes the Fender Frontman amp and hardshell case I got with her. HA! Marge is an over-achiever for sure!

Could take a quick glance at the 16's at my local dealer, and I have to say the look awesome. Sadly it's my coffe break, couldn't play one.

Yours looks awesome!

Congratulations!

Looks very "Vintage" like, with that top. (Didn't one of Jimmy Page's LP's have a similar plain half, and

subtle flamed half?) Don't remember if it was on the top or bottom (as you hold it) half.

Anyway, it's looks Great! I love "honeyburst" as well. It always looks, to varying degrees, like the old

Cherry bursts, where the red has totally faded away.

Great Choice! [thumbup]

CB