Gibson Brands Forums

zero fret nut titanium replacement

rickymeiklejohn

See here

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/125347-changing-zero-fret-nut/

As you can see, I thought the new nut was nickle. Whatever it is, it has been fine. I played that guitar last night. Everything still looks good.

You really should have gotten a reply. Keep trying.

Boris from Gibson Europe was very obliging.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My name's Dave and I'm new to the Board. I too have had a problem with the brass nut on my 2015 Les Paul DC and have e-mailed Gibson EU & politely asked for a replacement. The thing is, I'm nor sure I've sent it to the correct e-mail address. What address did you guys send your request to? Any advice would be welcome as it's been about three weeks now with no reply.

Cheers,

Dave

Hi,

My name's Dave and I'm new to the Board. I too have had a problem with the brass nut on my 2015 Les Paul DC and have e-mailed Gibson EU & politely asked for a replacement. The thing is, I'm nor sure I've sent it to the correct e-mail address. What address did you guys send your request to? Any advice would be welcome as it's been about three weeks now with no reply.

Cheers,

Dave

Dave,

I am not at the location (PC) where I exchanged e-mail with Gibson EU so I dont have that info to hand.

However the telephone numbers (on Gibson front page) are

USA: 1-800-4GIBSON

Europe: 00+8004GIBSON1

Dave,

I am not at the location (PC) where I exchanged e-mail with Gibson EU so I dont have that info to hand.

However the telephone numbers (on Gibson front page) are

USA: 1-800-4GIBSON

Europe: 00+8004GIBSON1

Thanks for that - I'll give the numbers a try.

• 4 months later...

Thanks for that - I'll give the numbers a try.

I emailed - Service.Europe@gibson.com - and got a prompt reply asking for proof of purchase and serial number, and telling me there would be a delay of three weeks for the titanium nut due to restocking. The nut arrived in two weeks. I've not used it yet because in the meantime I bought the Tusq replacement which works perfectly and takes a little twang out of the tone.

• 1 year later...

I have recently contacted them too and not yet heard anything. But I will contact the store soon and let them deal with it.

I made contact to GIBSON recently (24.08.2017) and got immediate e-response from Europe customer service

... "Thank you for the details, we will send a more durable replacement nut to you as soon as they arrive from the factory, hopefully in 3-4 weeks."

A recived package yesterday.

:-)) [rolleyes]

Archived