Gibson Brands Forums

TC Electronics HyperGravity Compressor

kidblast

I just picked one of these up,

After a few days to screw around with it, (and take advantage of the Tone Print options !!nice!!) it's easily one of the best sounding compressor pedals I've ever used. (Boss, MXR, Visual Sounds to name a few, as well as rack units).

If any one is in the market, [$130.00 (US)] hard to beat for what it can do.

Real good stuff as usual from these guys. ..works fine with your One Spot, or what ever..

I just picked one of these up,

After a few days to screw around with it, (and take advantage of the Tone Print options !!nice!!) it's easily one of the best sounding compressor pedals I've ever used. (Boss, MXR, Visual Sounds to name a few, as well as rack units).

If any one is in the market, [$130.00 (US)] hard to beat for what it can do.

Real good stuff as usual from these guys. ..works fine with your One Spot, or what ever..

I just bought the TC Flashback Delay. $84, free shippiing. Has the Tone print, 9 delays and a looper. It's the size of any regular pedal, and I have to say, if this pedal never craps out, I will never buy another delay pedal.

I'm sort of amazed with how "musical" (does that make sense to anyone)... this compressor is...

my bro inlaw has one of the other TC E delays, (Alter Ego)..

he seems to be quite please with it.

I've been thinking of getting a compressor also. I want to be able to get a nice smooth, sustained high gain type tone, without all the volume spikes. Would that pedal do the trick?

I've been thinking of getting a compressor also. I want to be able to get a nice smooth, sustained high gain type tone, without all the volume spikes. Would that pedal do the trick?

Tell you what. I have not used a TC Electronics pedal that I wasn't convinced was the best pedal in the segment. The 'Tone Print' Technology is great, and they are just LOADED with extra surprises. I have not tried their compressor, but if it's a compressor you want, and buy the TC, if you don't like it, I'll buy it for what you paid.

Hi Saturn,

If you don't have a compressor now, this would probably be your best choice. It's priced in the same ball park as other popular compressors but you will wind up getting "more bang for the buck" with the Hyper Gravity.

While the pedal sounds great right out of the box, Jay is right. The Tone Print capabilities are a game changer.

So if you go this route, you can use it right away (the "Spectra" mode is a very good sounding mode) But you should set aside like an hour or so and eventually get into the Tone Print. It's worth it and very easy to use.

check the review, there is a lot of real good detail offered here: (don't listen to the troll's review at the end, some people are never happy)

Hyper Gravity Review

Archived