Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
schrocker

1963 falcon rvt 19 with rola speaker

hello everyone , I have a quick question , has anyone tried a period correct vintage rola speaker in the falcon rvt 19 , I found this amp in mint condition from a music store website and want to pull the trigger on it but the speaker was obviously replaced with the rola , I know they came stock with jensons , I saw a tone of these rola speakers for sale online that were pulled from Hammond organs ... any input would be appreciated , thanks

"

hello everyone , I have a quick question , has anyone tried a period correct vintage rola speaker in the falcon rvt 19 , I found this amp in mint condition from a music store website and want to pull the trigger on it but the speaker was obviously replaced with the rola , I know they came stock with jensons , I saw a tone of these rola speakers for sale online that were pulled from Hammond organs ... any input would be appreciated , thanks

I've got one of these and a friend just did some minor repairs on it. His thought is that the old Jenson cr 12 is junk and should be replaced, I am keeping it but I don't think it's anything special other than being "original".