Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone got the lp traditional plaintop 2016?

hoross

Hi hoross,

Still buying Les Pauls? You must have quite a collection by now.

Is it a traditional T or is it a Traditional HP?

Did you check out the models here at Gibson.com ?

If the LTD edition is not shown above. The shop you ordered from can give you the specs.

atb

evans

Im buying every year Gibson les paul yeah but no i didnt bought the traditional T or the traditional HP i bought the traditional 2016 plain top you dont have many i saw that on sweetwater they got it there but nothing been written on

gibson.com website i guess its non weight relieved and got a carved maple top.But was wondering if someone here got it..

Im buying every year Gibson les paul yeah but no i didnt bought the traditional T or the traditional HP i bought the traditional 2016 plain top you dont have many i saw that on sweetwater they got it there but nothing been written on

gibson.com website i guess its non weight relieved and got a carved maple top.But was wondering if someone here got it..

Hi Hoross and congrats. I believe that is a Sweetwater exclusive and it does appear that they are the same specs except for the plain top, and I think they are non weight-relieved as well. I think they look great! Did you go with the cherry burst or the light burst?

JFLETCHER i went down with the cherry sunburst cause the Tobacco sunburst and light burst wll be out a bit later i prefer the light burst but hey needed to wait another month or so but i never had a cherry sunburst in my life so i guess

must be cool.

At first i wanted to get the lemon burst but i hate the lemon burst color so i went for the plaintop traditional i think i will get the guitar this week or next week cant wait :)

JFLETCHER i went down with the cherry sunburst cause the Tobacco sunburst and light burst wll be out a bit later i prefer the light burst but hey needed to wait another month or so but i never had a cherry sunburst in my life so i guess

must be cool.

At first i wanted to get the lemon burst but i hate the lemon burst color so i went for the plaintop traditional i think i will get the guitar this week or next week cant wait :)

Right now.. If I was buying.. Id buy one of these in a heartbeat.. Its just so different.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-Studio-Swamp-Ash.aspx

LPSA16NSCH3_MAIN_HERO_01_zpsm5z6faqd.jpg

I inadvertently played one the other day. Went to a new (to me) shop to try some pedals, and asked for something close to my current LP ('57 pickups, basically). They gave me a HC Traditional plaintop as the test driver guitar. I didn't notice until I laid it back-down on my lap towards the end, as I was adjusting the controls on the pedals at my feet. I noticed there was no flame on that top, but it said "Traditional" up top. I checked the label and there it said limited edition plaintop, for thirteen-hundred and something quid.

It was a lovely guitar to play; great neck and weight; pickups nice as always; and the plain top under the normal bursts makes it look like an R8. If you're not bothered about a figured top and are happy with a Traditional setup; get one of those!

Archived