Gibson Brands Forums

Mfg date

alecstar

Custom Shop regular production serial - former formula: CSYRRRR. . It's now changed to CSYXRRRR where CS is Custom Shop; Y is the year of manufacture; X is the location of the CS (X=> 0=Nashville 5=Memphis); and RRRR is the production rank. So MFG year is 2012, made in Memphis, number 2517 that year.

I'd be guessing on the pickups, maybe BB1/BB2? . If no one can provide the answer, you can email service@gibson.com with the serial and ask them, they'll have the model/finish/electronics/hardware info on record.

Based on what you are saying... this could be a 2002 correct? Also this guitar has the custom Shop logo on the back of the headstock at the bottom, which I read was no longer put on later year guitars. Back to the 2012 versus 2002... how anyone know what it is without a two digit date code?

Based on what you are saying... this could be a 2002 correct? ...

AFAIK - No. . . The formula change came in the last few years (about 2010) when the Memphis CS ramped up. I have a Memphis 2010 ES-359 serial CS051839 with a Custom Shop Sticker. Here's a previous thread on the subject - http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/83891-6-digit-cs-serial-numbers/page__view__findpost__p__1149385

You can confirm your info with service@gibson.com if you email them to ask about the pups.

o3ES-359back_zpsb608cffe.jpg

o2ES-359a-md_zps47bcb669.jpg

. .

Live and learn I guess. The Guitar Center I bought it from said it was a 2002. I bought it online and they shipped it to a GC near me. It seems you know a lot about these. Based on your knowledge would this be a 30/60 or a 60's slim taper neck? It's not chunky is all I can tell you. Are the pickups labeled on the back side do you know? I tried calling Gibson but after being on hold for only 5 minutes the call went to an answering machine where I left a message and have not received a call back. By the way you really have some nice wood-grain in your guitar.

My 359 has the 30/60 which Gibson pushed for a coupla years there. The 359 is basically a blinged out 339. You might have a 30/60.

Gibson's turn around on emails is usually pretty good - a coupla days - if you want to email them with the serial, a coupla pics (2mg limit) and your questions - they usually have the specs on record for each serial from the last coupla decades.

You might get some one else chiming in here - give it a coupla days.

... But the ES359 necks have never been 30/60 as they sport a Lucille neck, a bit ( only a bit) fatter

While the current 359 neck profile spec is a "Lucille-type", when I purchased a 2010 ES-359 new, which I still have, Gibson's spec sheet listed the neck profile as 30/60. Specs change from time to time - the only thing consistent about Gibson is they are inconsistent.

While the current 359 neck profile spec is a "Lucille-type", when I purchased a 2010 ES-359 new, which I still have, Gibson's spec sheet listed the neck profile as 30/60. Specs change from time to time - the only thing consistent about Gibson is they are inconsistent.

So then you must have an ébony fretboard, as mine is richlite! I had the 30/60 neck on my 339, the Lucille is almost as slim.

By the way an artist named Ronnie Backer Brooks must play in a festival in the Lyons area (FRANCE) and I'll certainly go and see him.

It seems that he plays a 339 have you heard of him?

Ronnie Baker Brooks video with 339?

how can he get this BBKING sound???? [confused]

Archived