Gibson Brands Forums

The Perfect Combo

GibsonTCollings

I just wanted to share with all my acoustic homies a combination I'm really excited about: the LR Baggs Lyric in my Gibson LE and the Bose L1 system.

It's perfection. Really. If you want the true sound of your guitar to be amplified this is the combination for you. Of course Bose is renowned for flawlessly amplifying natural sound but it turns out the Lyric is superb at it also! I wish I could capture it for you so you could experience it.

/end PSA

I have a Lyric in a J-45 TV, usually played thru a Fishman SA 220 - the poor mans Bose array. Sounds ok - but the 220 rely has an annoying hiss to it that is starting to drive me nuts. I like the lyric -pretty easy install, and for me not a lot of putzing around to dial it in.

I just wanted to share with all my acoustic homies a combination I'm really excited about: the LR Baggs Lyric in my Gibson LE and the Bose L1 system.

It's perfection. Really. If you want the true sound of your guitar to be amplified this is the combination for you. Of course Bose is renowned for flawlessly amplifying natural sound but it turns out the Lyric is superb at it also! I wish I could capture it for you so you could experience it.

/end PSA

Is the Bose L1 the really tall acoustic amp? I think I saw one of those in our local shop but didn't know what it was.

perfect combo IS a bold statement ....

IMO it's the Bose coupled with an amulet pu either MV ,MVT or better yet the stereo Amulet.

Everybody hears differently, so there is NO perfect combo only ones preference.

I like LR Baggs gear. No issues for me as far it goes for my style. I'm sure the Bose sound system is very nice, but my Roland Ex Cube and Yamaha Stage Pas units work very well for me. I can get all of my gear on a 2-wheel cart and move it anywhere in one trip. Plus, the Roland can also run on battery. I know Bose makes great gear, but I think my equipment works great too.

I don't think you've offended anyone....lol....We all have our favorites. I don't doubt for one minute the quality of the Bose sound. Saying it's legendary and a standard that other good amps are often measured against would be an understatement. I actually considered the Bose L1 before I went ahead and got my Roland EX Street Cube. Certainly, the Bose is more powerful, but I've got my Yamaha for my bigger gigs and to be totally honest---the thing that made me shy-away from the Bose is that it doesn't seem as sturdily built as the amps I use. Not talking about sound quality. I play outdoors a lot of the time in the spring, summer, and fall. I hall my gear around strapped to a cart. Sometimes I use my speakers as a chair when I play. If I were able to back-up my car right next to where I set-up, I'd likely think about a Bose. Hell, someday, I just might, especially if I start doing more wineries. BTW, wineries can be sweet gigs....Anyways, don't think anyone got their panties all twisted or anything. I suspect your enthusiasm is appreciated. Like you, we've all got certain things we favor and explaining that in a purely text forum isn't always the optimal way to do it......... Keep posting and welcome to this forum.

Archived