Gibson Brands Forums

Proof once and for all its the player, not the guitar

EuroAussie

Zakk Wylde on a Hello Kitty acoustic, tell me thats not a nice tone ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwhvFLHIlBs

So ... you we stop all our petty discussion about bridge pins, picks, strings, tonewoods and anything else that we think will make us sound less crappy than we really and start practicing folks !

It just confirms what I've always believed: metal sounds the same on a bad guitar or a good guitar. GIGO.

By the way, apparently the Hello Kitty franchise didn't start until the mid-1970's and didn't really take off outside off Japan until the 1990's. I wish it had stayed there.

Don't think that guitar dates anywhere close to 1962. Zakk's either having us on, or.........

It just confirms what I've always believed: metal sounds the same on a bad guitar or a good guitar. GIGO.

By the way, apparently the Hello Kitty franchise didn't start until the mid-1970's and didn't really take off outside off Japan until the 1990's. I wish it had stayed there.

Don't think that guitar dates anywhere close to 1962. Zakk's either having us on, or.........

You do realise its all a big joke Nick, including my comments ... :rolleyes:

LOL!

hello kitty, I must have one now

JK..

I've said this in this forum about 500 times.... it's the hands,, the hands!!!

I love it. Records well! I had it on the trade side of the room but recently moved it back.

HK4.jpg?1456773158874&1456773160589&1456773161100&1456773178372

rct

Hello Kitty started as flower only in 1962. The cat didn't appear before 1974.

Perhaps Zakk uses a guitar made in 1962 and later refinished. [scared]

:P

Here's the matching Squier Badtz Maru Bronco Bass:

1294378643_01.jpg

I had one in my hands years ago at a Hello Kitty store in KoP PA, but didn't buy it.

Japan had a very special Hello Kitty Fender amp only available there.

rct

I had one in my hands years ago at a Hello Kitty store in KoP PA, but didn't buy it.

Japan had a very special Hello Kitty Fender amp only available there.

rct

A few years back my daughter tried to talk me into buying a Hello Kitty Strat. Not for her, she's a lefty and not interested in playing, but for myself. Perhaps I should have done that... :unsure:

Akkh!!!

I feel like I've fallen into a marketing wormhole.

More than just marketing. It was her favorite, on the right, Prudence was taken from us last year suddenly. If that guitar was out and laying on the couch she would sleep on it until I took her off. In a house of more than a dozen guitars that was something, she didn't do it to any of the others. The guitar was a gift from Mrs, and them two are why.

HKwithkatz1.jpg?1456775441432&1456775444586&1456775446739&1456775454861&1456775463632

rct

More than just marketing. It was her favorite, on the right, Prudence was taken from us last year suddenly. If that guitar was out and laying on the couch she would sleep on it until I took her off. In a house of more than a dozen guitars that was something, she didn't do it to any of the others. The guitar was a gift from Mrs, and them two are why.

HKwithkatz1.jpg?1456775441432&1456775444586&1456775446739&1456775454861&1456775463632

rct

I'm sorry for Prudence, Rct. :( One more reason to keep your Hello Kitty Strat.

A third one would be that they are quite collectible, black and pink ones as well.

I love it. Records well! I had it on the trade side of the room but recently moved it back.

rct

my guitar-duo-buddy has a 12 string electric, the name on the head stock? Wait for it... Daisy Rock

got on Ebay for (I think...( $110)

to be totally honest... it sounded real good...

Real guitar players can make a few rubber bands sound good. Guys like me feel like we play better with a Gibson or Martin. Perhaps it's all psychological, but at the very least it makes us feel better........Often, when told that his guitar sounded great, Chet Atkins would lay it on the floor and ask "How does it sound now?"

So, at the moment, the wisdom of the Internetters points to the best new acoustic guitars being: J45 Vintage, Hummingbird Vintage, Martin D28 Authentic 1937, Martin OM28 Authentic and for slide, the Nationals...

Now we need to add a Hello Kitty? Plus another for slide? And a spare? [biggrin]

Sorry, don't want it! I need the finest acoustic I can buy or we are nowhere.

BluesKing777.

Archived