Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
daveinspain

Post the guitar you use the most

My 2007, chambered LP Classic… First year they started to chamber. It's light, sounds great and feels like it's part of me…

CIMG1509_1.jpg

Here it is again with two other siblings that are also on the favorite list…

LPSandwitch.jpg

For me, it changes pretty often. I make a point of playing most of mine. They do a month or two in rotation, then I'll grab another one.

Lately........and for longer than most rotations..........it's been these two.

1997 Gibson Les Paul Special DC

101_1315_zps5ax3ptf7.jpg

2011 Fender American Special Stratocaster

101_1318_zpszof0dlbo.jpg

NHTom

My 2007, chambered LP Classic… First year they started to chamber. It's light, sounds great and feels like it's part of me…

CIMG1509_1.jpg

Here it is again with two other siblings that are also on the favorite list…

LPSandwitch.jpg

Beautiful Guild! I bet she sounds as great as she looks….

Thanks. Yeah, she's up there at another level. Easy to play, ebony board, I'm playing this guitar a lot.

This beats all my other guitars hands down,lol,,59 pickups,,59 original profile neck,,no chambering,,it's 9.6 lbs and feels lighter than all my other lps but its actually heavier,,well balanced,,👍

Number 1. 97 California Fat Telecaster, Vintage White. One piece neck, Grovers, Dunlop straplocks, it has been restored to normal wiring, Seymour Duncan Vintage Stacks for pickups. Couple hundred gigs I guess. Flat shiny frets ground down by me, plenty of cymbal cuts on the stock and a crack from me gently shoving the Grovers on, original stock sh1tty nut cut by a one armed blind guy. Couple gouges in the back of the neck that were fixed, to my surprise, by Luther during a set up earlier this year. Going in the box with my dead a$$.

Tele5.jpg?1456883408153&1456883410262&1456883412936&1456883415891&1456883425814&1456883429151

rct

Nowadays I bounce around a bit between guitars and probably don't use any one more than any other. I tend to use specific guitars for specific gigs. Things were different back when I primarily played loud Rock and Roll though.

From the early 1980s through the mid 1990s I was using a 1978 Ibanez PF200 which I used for literally hundreds of gigs touring, in studio, as a shield, as a weapon, I mean this ol' gal has more dings than the Liberty Bell.

No weight relief, this sucker weighs like a sack of bricks around your shoulder and I am convinced that it is the source of so many of my back pains and knee issues today. Not a joke...

I payed $250.00 for it at a pawn shop in Kent Ohio in September of 1984. It was almost unplayed and mint, until a bit later that evening. I broke her in fast.

When we moved cross country a few years ago the wife warned our moving company that they would be taking their lives in their hands if they so much as detuned it in transit. If there is any single guitar that I would call my guitar, this is MY guitar.

I only stopped using it in the late 1990s when mid set I whapped my bass player so hard in the head mid tune that the bolt on neck became dislodged and several tuning heads went flying into the crowd. I finally repaired it in the mid 2000s. It took me that long to find original parts.

And the pics...

This one's from I believe 1984 or 1985

hc2JFrK.jpg

This is 1995, I'm over on the right.

iW9AGMI.jpg

This one's for rct, the OHSC in all its duct taped glory.

qg3mbHn.jpg

It looks black here, but it's burgundy.

x7tAXlH.jpg

Original 'Super 70s' pickups. Hotter than the hottest tamale. I never got around to pulling their caps off, now I'm glad I didn't.

sVdqobS.jpg

And the head wound shot. Seriously. Knocked the neck almost clean off the guitar. Bass players have very hard heads!

K8O6XEq.jpg

Nice case!

It is always nice to see guitar players with guitars from back then. I do wish I had some of them, that I hadn't let them go.

rct

It's the only guitar I gig with, and I play on the gig more than I do at home.

Parker DF522NN (the NN for Notes Norton - from the custom shop)

Why?

• Light weight - 5lbs
  • Contoured and balanced body - feels like you are wearing it instead of holding it - take both hands off, and when you put them back, it's still in the same place (no neck dive or anything like that)
  • Straight string path from the Sperzel locking tuners to the ball end of the string - with the exception of a slight break at the Graph-Tech nut - stays in tun all night, even when wiggling the whammy - and next gig it's often still in tune or only a tad off.
  • Ebony fretboard and hardened stainless steel frets make bending a breeze
  • Master volume next to my right picking hand
  • Great neck, 14" radius, 25.5" scale
  • Duncan P-Rail pickups with Triple Shot rings gives me the options of (1) P-90 (2) Rail (3) Series Humbucker (4) Parallel Humbucker
  • Piezo under the bridge that can be played alone or bended with the magnetic pickups

It's comfortable and easy to play (almost like cheating), stays in tune, and has a wide variety of great sounds. Since I got this guitar, I haven't had GAS. I look at other guitars and admire their beauty, but have no desire to play any of them, the DF522NN is perfect for me.

NN02_DF522NN.jpg