Gibson Brands Forums

Chicago Rocks !

Murph

You hear a lot of bad press about Chicago, but hear me now, and remember me later......

The Blackhawks are back on top.

The Cubs are favorites to win the World Series and the season hasn't even STARTED........

In 2014, Chicago had 50.2 million international and domestic visitors.

Chicago has the third largest gross metropolitan product in the United States.

Chicago is a major world financial center, with the second largest central business district in the United States.

The Chicago metropolitan area, often referred to as Chicagoland, has nearly 10 million people and is the third-largest in the U.S

Some of the United States' tallest towers are located in Chicago; Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower) is the second tallest building in the Western Hemisphere after One World Trade Center, and Trump International Hotel and Tower is the third tallest in the country.

Oh yea, and there's this........

Chicago was also the home of Chess records (2120 S. Michigan Avenue) who recorded the following highly influential artists in their primes:

Muddy Waters

Howlin' Wolf

Little Walter

Sonny Boy Williamson (Rice Miller)

Jimmy Rogers (James A Lane)

Memphis Slim (Peter Chatman)

Elmore James

Buddy Guy

Hubert Sumlin

Otis Rush

Chuck Berry

Willie Dixon

Etta James

Bo Diddley

and many more......

Chicago was also the home of Chess records (2120 S. Michigan Avenue) who recorded the following highly influential artists in their primes:

Muddy Waters

Howlin' Wolf

Little Walter

Sonny Boy Williamson (Rice Miller)

Jimmy Rogers (James A Lane)

Memphis Slim (Peter Chatman)

Elmore James

Buddy Guy

Hubert Sumlin

Otis Rush

Chuck Berry

Willie Dixon

Etta James

Bo Diddley

and many more......

1. Smashing Pumpkins
  2. Chicago
  3. Sam Cooke
  4. Alkaline Trio
  5. Disturbed
  6. Rise Against
  7. Wilco
  8. Earth, Wind, & Fire
  9. Ministry
  10. Donny Hathaway
  11. Veruca Salt
  12. Herbie Hancock
  13. Ok Go
  14. The Jesus Lizard
  15. Ray Manzerek
  16. Stabbing Westward
  17. Ramsey Lewis
  18. Twista
  19. Common

There are 19 on my list because we don't want to claim Kanye West, New York can have that F-ing Bozo.

There are 19 on my list because we don't want to claim Kanye West, New York can have that F-ing Bozo.

he keeps promising he'll leave the country,

no one is stopping him,

he has yet to leave.

[-o<

no one is stopping him,

he has yet to leave.

[-o<

posts like this are the reason we need a "like" button on this forum

no one is stopping him,

he has yet to leave.

[-o<

Other countries?

I like the story of when the Blackhawks' owner's son roadied for Ministry at literally minimum wage, a job that apparently mainly consisted of "calling my wife and saying, I poked him and he's breathing".

Must be a pretty big fan.

Pretty cool Murph. I'm a Boston guy but Chicago is the greatest city for the type of music I like. Most of my Blues guitar heroes honed their chops and developed their careers there.Thanks for the 25 or 6 to 4 video. I hadn't seen that one. I'm aways amazed at how much better the videos of today are. You have Terry Kath ripping through a 3 minute solo and we get to watch the drummer keeping time. Same for Santana in the Woodstock movie. Nowadays they at least know to show the Guitar Player during the Guitar Solo. Chicago at Boston Garden was the first rock concert I went to, 1974 I think. As a trumpet player who became a guitarist, they always clicked with me.

Archived