Gibson Brands Forums

what do u use ableton for???

DF-234

personally ive had no use ever for ableton live... i got my first copy with a line 6 product and just never liked it at all and now i just installed this and i cant seem to find anything to do with it.... so my question is what do u guys use the program for? am i just missing something?

i guess... however, as a (regular) mac user i would much rather just use garage band. I have logic pro 8 and have a cd that i am working on and even though logic is a pro lvl software, the layout seems to be much better then ableton. I dont really understand abletons layout i guess. Ive seen the tutorial videos and stuff but it just seems rather well *unable* to be usefull... to me atleast. Ive used pro tools (m audio versions) logic garageband and on my pc line 6 software as well as cakewalk software and i just dont see what ableton has an advantage on over these products

would much rather just use garage band/quote]

That is fine - use the tools that work for you. Luckily Guitar Rig 3 supports Apples "AU" plug in system.

I do not have the RIP package yet, but I recall reading there were supposed to be some custom Craig Anderton Abelton Live setups - for hex processing.

Archived