Gibson Brands Forums

My Beautiful New Baby - 2016 Limited Edition SG Supreme ( Pics )

Macmutt

[url="http:// http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/SG-Supreme-2016-Limited.aspx#SGSU16OBCH1"

Sorry I haven't taken a picture of mine yet, been too busy playing it and rubbing it with a diaper, so I enclosed the link to it on Gibson's site.

I don't know if it will come up or not in the link but I got mine in the ocean blue color, and this baby screams, and is quite honestly thee best looking SG I've ever seen.

I will love it and treasure it until my last breath, this is without a doubt the most beautiful guitar I've ever owned and it sound's even better than it looks.

Considering I've owned other model SG's, Les Pauls, PRS's, Strats, Gibson ES models and so on, that's saying a lot.....will post real life pics soon as I can.

I was just drooling over these on the Gibson and Sweetwater sites. So, I need to know:

How do you like the Richlite FB?

How do you like the neck profile?

How does the neck profile compare to other SG's you've played?

How do the Burstbucker Pro's sound in this?

I think the blue looks killer. But I have two blue guitars and only one black one. So if I was to get one of these I'd probably go black to even things out.

I need to be pragmatic with my gas!

I dont have an SG but if I did I would want one pretty much like yours.

I like the 24 frets, the Ritchlite fingerboard, the neck inlays, the head binding, and I would always plump for one master vol & tone as the preferred option.

Very very tasty =D> indeed

That is a gorgeous SG. Kinda makes my new SG Standard look a little plain. Congrats! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Thanks man...I like the standard too,but i'm just one of those that prefers the maple mahogany combo...so i opted for this beauty.

I dont have an SG but if I did I would want one pretty much like yours.

I like the 24 frets, the Ritchlite fingerboard, the neck inlays, the head binding, and I would always plump for one master vol & tone as the preferred option.

Very very tasty =D> indeed

Well unfortunately it's a limited run so if you were going to get one it would have to be soon...Gibson doesn't make these Limited Editions for too long...Whatever you end up with i hope you get the guitar of your dreams like i did.

I was just drooling over these on the Gibson and Sweetwater sites. So, I need to know:

How do you like the Richlite FB?

How that do you like the neck profile?

How does the neck profile compare to other SG's you've played?

How do the Burstbucker Pro's sound in this?

I think the blue looks killer. But I have two blue guitars and only one black one. So if I was to get one of these I'd probably go black to even things out.

I need to be pragmatic with my gas!

I gotta' admit I was worried about the Richlite fingerboard because I always preferred the softness of rosewood, but the Richlite doesn't even feel as hard as ebony, and after some research I discovered Martin has been using it for years because Richlite is a composite material and it basically never wears down like wood.

As far as the neck profile, I've always preferred slim taper above all else, and it feels as fast and smooth on this, as it does on my Midtown standard, Gibson even moved the position of the strap peg from behind the neck heel to the back of the upper bout, which I actually prefer, they smoothed the neck heel even with the body so it appears as the neck and body is one long piece of mahogany.....I like this neck profile the best, never been a fan of the rounded baseball bat profile, the thinner the better I.m.o.

The burst buckers sound amazing in this beauty, much better than the 57 classics I used to have in a previous SG I had that has since been sold.

This SG is only offered in the blue and red finish I believe, so if you wanted black you would have to be an SG standard.

Hope I answered all your questions, thanks for the nice comments.

Archived