Gibson Brands Forums

Weird town names 2

Mr. Gibson

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While not a town, there is a Mt Buggery in Victoria, Australia. There is some anecdotal stuff which suggests it was named by members of a hiking club in the early 1930's because when the finally got to the top of the thing they were buggered (Australian idiom for "very tired") from the effort.

We have a "Mt Little D!ck" quite close to us! Geez I'd hate to live in Mt Little D!ck Road~

Has anyone ever visited "COOL," California? I went there once and here's my story when I left. I was holed up in "BORING," Oregan wondering wheather I should try someplace different. So I hopped in my car and drove to "WHY," Arizona to figure things out. After a few days I found my answer in "WHYNOT," Mississippi: I needed a town with some life to it so I made a beeline for "DISCO," Tennessee where I danced so much I wore out my shoes. The next day, I headed to "LOAFERS GLORY," North Carolina for a new pair of shoes. Afterwards I looked sharp enough to take a break in "HANDSOME EDDY," New York. Eddy wasn't around, but I knew where to find him in "LOVELADIES," New Jersey where it seemed that all the women were trying to get to "HUSBAND," Pennsylvania. It was a tough town. One gal told me my romancing needed work and sent me to "SWEET LIPS," Tennessee. Heartbroken, I put the car on cruise control and drove to "LONELYVILLE," New York for a stiff drink. I then made a pit stop in "THE BOTTLE," Alabama and finally hit rock bottom in "CONDEMMED BAR," California. Not surprisingly, I woke up the next morning in "CRANKY CORNER," Louisiana. I knew that if I continued like this, I'd be headed straight to....."HELL," Michigan. Pulling myself together, I grabbed breakfast in "OATMEAL," Texas, and had lunch in "SANDWICH," Massachusetts, then dessert in "PIE TOWN," New Mexico. I should have stopped eating after "GREASY," Oklahoma because I was feeling pretty sick by the time I left "LICK SKILLET," Tennessee... In "BRILLIANT," Ohio, it finally dawned on me--I had to cease my wandering ways. I parked in "DO STOP," Kentucky, took out the map, and chose my new home. I didn't need "WEALTHY," Texas or "FAME," West Virginia. I found everything I needed in "HAPPYLAND," Oklahoma. msp_thumbup.gifmsp_flapper.gifmsp_flapper.gif

Well, I live roughly 8 miles from Fruitdale, S.D. Good ranch country.

North and a tad west there's "Camp Crook." It's about the same size as Fruitdale, a bit over population 60.

On the other end of the state there's "Gayville." Even a "Hitchcock."

"Interior" literally is in the Badlands.

"Letcher" is an eastern South Dakota town, so's "Mound City."

And again, in the eastern part of the state, a former governor who was a pilot had a problem with this flight plan: He was flying from Britton to Scotland. The controller hadda have him repeat that one a cupla times.

Or if you're around Sioux Falls, S.D., and follow the advice of the old Lipton slogan, you won't go to pot even if you "Take Tea and See."

Guitar players should realize that their plectrums ain't made in "Pickstown, S.D."

There's even a town named "Red Shirt."

And PETA folks have picketed the town of "Spearfish," but then, that question now is "Deadwood."

m

Well, I live roughly 8 miles from Fruitdale, S.D. Good ranch country.

North and a tad west there's "Camp Crook." It's about the same size as Fruitdale, a bit over population 60.

On the other end of the state there's "Gayville." Even a "Hitchcock."

"Interior" literally is in the Badlands.

"Letcher" is an eastern South Dakota town, so's "Mound City."

And again, in the eastern part of the state, a former governor who was a pilot had a problem with this flight plan: He was flying from Britton to Scotland. The controller hadda have him repeat that one a cupla times.

Or if you're around Sioux Falls, S.D., and follow the advice of the old Lipton slogan, you won't go to pot even if you "Take Tea and See."

Guitar players should realize that their plectrums ain't made in "Pickstown, S.D."

There's even a town named "Red Shirt."

And PETA folks have picketed the town of "Spearfish," but then, that question now is "Deadwood."

m

Stayed in Fruitdale for a week. I think then it had dirt streets ( 1972) went to Rapid City to look at the flood damage when the dam broke. The power of water amazes me.

Archived