Gibson Brands Forums

IN THE NAAAAAAAAAAME OF LOOOOOOVE

rct

Sometimes on the weekend days, after the treadmill and pumping some iron for a while and dinner is all set and Ichabod has found the next place to nap, I go into the studio and put the iPod into the monitor system and I blast that band.

And I get out my fabulous Jazz and my equally fabulous P and I lope along with Adam for a couple albums worth.

Mrs told me today the little teevee on a stand over there across the room from her was dancing around like the electric football games from when we were kids and her tea was turning to cappuccino from the rumble.

My work, for today, is done here.

Precision2.jpgJazz1.jpg

rct

Sweet. I have a Black '95 Am. Std. J with a Birdseye Maple Warmoth neck. It has black binding and black blocks. It looks like Geddy's.

I want a Geddy. And an Adam, his is nice too. But mostly I want a frikkin Jaco. MAN they are nice.

rct

Way to go, only when things in the other end of the house bounce around do I feel I have accomplished my goal. Play it LOUD and PLAY it OFTEN. Except when I get the LOOK. If you are married you know the LOOK. It will freeze even the strongest among us.

I parted together an Am. Sp. Candy Apple Red J with a lined fretless Warmoth neck with a rosewood fretboard. Even with the lines, I fretted everything flat or sharp. Sold it.

Dag yo. What happened? They've never given me much problem. I'm not a bass player, let's be clear about that.

rct

I got me one of those Japanese reissue 70's Jazz basses. Maple neck, blocks and binding, in "natchal".

I suck at bass. What drives me nuts, is I can only play a few bars at most until I miss a note or screw up timing. It's just hard.

It's got neck dive. I put a Badass bridge on it, and that's helps quite a bit. IF I could find vintage-style lightweight tuners, it would be perfect. I can't BELIEVE they don't make something like that.

I always got my eye out for some pups on the cheap.

Archived