Gibson Brands Forums

Mandolin Orange, Anyone?

bayoubengal1954

Yep, I've been enjoying them for a while now. Saw them once at a small venue, and another time opening for the Wood Bros at a medium venue. Had a chance to talk to them at the small venue show and they were both very gracious. Great songs and musicianship, good chemistry together. I think Waltz About Whiskey sounds the like the best of classic country.

Jeffrey Foucault, yes. I wish he'd play somewhere close by to me. I heard this one years ago and it's what got me into his music:

Love, love this song. It's been one of my favorites too since I discovered it years ago. I had the chance to go to one of his shows when he was in PA, I definitely recommend going if you can find one close by. I might even have a video of him playing...I'll see if I can dig it up.

The Mandolin Orange song was excellent, too.

The side discussion here about no shoes is just a crack up! Funny stuff. But when you think about it there are about five billion people on the planet that don't wear shoes indoors (who wants to track in what's out there into their living space?). "Maybe they're secret Kiwis" just completely tickles my funny bone.

"Maybe they're secret Kiwis" just completely tickles my funny bone.

Not sure we have anyone from NZ on this board, but those from Oz may understand the reference.

I worked in NZ on two separate occasions for 6+ months at a time a few years ago. Will never forget going out the front door of my apartment in Auckland in the pouring rain, seeing business types on their way to work, dressed in suits walking down the street carrying umbrellas in one hand, and their dress shoes in the other hand.

Another bizarre factoid: as a result of going barefoot for much of their early lives, many kiwis have very wide feet. It's almost impossible to find a pair of narrow shoes in NZ. No joke.

Interesting folk, but they do have feet like hobbits. Except for Lucy Lawless, of course.

Archived