Gibson Brands Forums

Egyptian customs defaces Bryan Adams' 1957 D-18

BigKahune

I have no sympathy. I've traveled in numerous foreign countries and you quickly learn never to take anything that can't be replaced.

To me this is the true-ism I was wanting to see! Also, now a days, a person may need to PICK where the hell they go in the world cuz not everyone (countries)allows simple things (like rights) the way we expect them to. What the hell difference would it have made to played for the crowd with an Epi guitar anyway? If that $400 git was ruined then "bula bula" and you move on. It's just played thru a PA or miked somehow, not like in a studio. So what's the benefit to take something SUPER GOOD except to look cool? [confused]

My list of countries I'd not travel to is huge now. Not worth it to me and I have no idealist view that I should, even if not that safe.

Aster

He got his first real 6 string, bought it at the five and dime. He played it till his fingers bled, it was the summer of '69.

And if he had taken that damn thing he wouldn't have been frett'n about the 'gypians marking up that vintage git. The 5 & dime would have been selling MIC Epiphones. [biggrin]

Aster

What a very different world it would be .....

...without a bunch of people/countries hell bent on getting rid of others! Yes, it would be nice, but that's been going on, and defended against since the dawn of time. Can't see it going away in my life time, but it would be great if it did.

Aster

...without a bunch of people/countries hell bent on getting rid of others! Yes, it would be nice, but that's been going on, and defended against since the dawn of time. Can't see it going away in my life time, but it would be great if it did.

Aster

Well , there's that , much more serious situation ...

But i was just thinking of no one left their house with a guitar ! 😄

Archived