Gibson Brands Forums

A Little Ripple

Murph

I had the CD, may still. I mean, there was a "studio" CD they made together. GREAT music, not only a good example of why Grisman is so popular, but a real surprise how good a guitar player Garcia is.

I mean, REALLY good stuff. All accoustic, but with a boogie to it. Maybe call it "Bluegrass Boogie". Or "Boogie Bluegrass". Or "Jazzgrass".

I had the CD, may still. I mean, there was a "studio" CD they made together. GREAT music, not only a good example of why Grisman is so popular, but a real surprise how good a guitar player Garcia is.

I mean, REALLY good stuff. All accoustic, but with a boogie to it. Maybe call it "Bluegrass Boogie". Or "Boogie Bluegrass". Or "Jazzgrass".

I know he smoked a lot of "jazzgrass".

Grisman and Garcia did a LOT of stuff together. I'm not a Deadhead either, but I really LOVE the acoustic stuff those two did together. Garcia had a love for Bluegrass dating way back, and he even saw one of the "Scotty Stoneman Live In L.A." (1964/1965) sessions with the Ky. Colonels and years later wrote footnotes for the c.d.

Archived