Gibson Brands Forums

Yes it is. You can tell from where neck meets the body. The binding stops at the curved part . 335's are not like that. And the jack is not on the top.

Ding ! and he didn't say it played ~ NO warranty.

The price is right. Sorry, No returns. you will get what you see.

4H

Who do you "report" it to? Is there a Central Bureau of Fake Guitars in some dacha somewhere in Idaho or something? Is it a lot of paperwork? Do you get rewarded by the committee in any way for reporting it?

rct

Who do you "report" it to? Is there a Central Bureau of Fake Guitars in some dacha somewhere in Idaho or something? Is it a lot of paperwork? Do you get rewarded by the committee in any way for reporting it?

rct

Yes

4H

Guest Farnsbarns

That woukd still be ilegal and imoral. If he genuinely bought it unaware he should just keep it.

good job guys at least for the time being somebody is not going to get screwed. [thumbup]

That woukd still be ilegal and imoral. If he genuinely bought it unaware he should just keep it.

For this listing, I read nothing about it being a fake Gibson...still listed as Gibson.

TO be realistic, although I think this guitar isn't worth money at all, it's comparable to a $200 guitar, $300 at the most. If one is going to be honest, be completely honest.

Yeah when I clicked on the first link, I saw that it was closed. But then right underneath there was the new link with the lower price. Keep reporting it until you get it down to a price that it's really worth...maybe $75!

Yeah when I clicked on the first link, I saw that it was closed. But then right underneath there was the new link with the lower price. Keep reporting it until you get it down to a price that it's really worth...maybe $75!

That sounds like a put-down, but it's really the truth.

If you go buy a used agile or whatever student/beginner guitar with the lowest quality that was about 200-300 new (or less), that's about what they are worth used.

Nothing wrong with that, but what most don't get is that is usually the level of quality these forgeries are made to.

Saw that. I e-mailed him an he told me it is not fake. I laughed. No Varitone switch, no jack on top, binding is wrong.

Likely, he is lying. Wouldn't be surprised if he knew it was fake, but just saying he believes it's real for the sake of being able to deny it after it's sold.

I don't know how EBAY has to work, but at the very least, I think bringing it to his attention, publicly, gives a potential buyer some kind of out if and when he gets it, learns it's fake, and wants his money back. That is, if the seller has been informed.