Gibson Brands Forums

Need advices

awel

Al, I totally agree jdgm's points.

Man, I've watched heaps of your stuff and you are a terrific performer. Basically any blues venue would not feel in any way let down if they had you play. An eye-catching electronic press pack with links to your videos should be ample to get you gigs with anywhere that is interested - its professional, you engage and are polite with the audience, and are extremely competent as a musician/singer with a band that allows you to just get on with doing your thing.

I reckon with a decent audio technician you'd be able to extract a good live album recording from your videos for something to sell at gigs if you wanted in the meantime.

all the best.

I would like to sincerely thanks all of you for the kind and wise advises you've given me.

It is always good to be able to get experienced people position.

This is why this forum is simply the best, the kindest, helpful, and multi-talented community on the web.

Take care all.

Al

Thanks Farnsbarns, the question about the master is not very clear, in the contract, it is written than the the Producer (them) and Co-producer (the band) owns the recording and than the recordings and all the rights that goes with it are splited like that:

Producer 50%

Co-Producer 50%

I found this not honest because the way I read it, means that the even the author/compositor rights will be 50/50 as well even if the songs are already registered under my name

Here's the issue. I don't know the record company, or what their aims are. I have a good friend (roomate in college) who is in the band Lucero out of Memphis. Their first recording, self titled album was cut and the record company owned the master. They subsequently went out of business. The band had no rights to distribute the album under any other label. They didn't have enough money to purchase the rights and distribute it themselves.

So they signed another deal. The whole reason was that the new label bought the rights to their first album, and returned the master to the band. However due to the costs of the purchase and the contract they signed to keep the master on their sophmore album, they cross collaterized, and the band saw no royalties from sales of either record. Thankfully, the 2nd label went out of business too. They then started self-distributing and began making a little money. But that's how it goes if you're not careful.

Thanks Farnsbarns, the question about the master is not very clear, in the contract, it is written than the the Producer (them) and Co-producer (the band) owns the recording and than the recordings and all the rights that goes with it are splited like that:

Producer 50%

Co-Producer 50%

I found this not honest because the way I read it, means that the even the author/compositor rights will be 50/50 as well even if the songs are already registered under my name

Here's the issue. I don't know the record company, or what their aims are. I have a good friend (roomate in college) who is in the band Lucero out of Memphis. Their first recording, self titled album was cut and the record company owned the master. They subsequently went out of business. The band had no rights to distribute the album under any other label. They didn't have enough money to purchase the rights and distribute it themselves.

So they signed another deal. The whole reason was that the new label bought the rights to their first album, and returned the master to the band. However due to the costs of the purchase and the contract they signed to keep the master on their sophmore album, they cross collaterized, and the band saw no royalties from sales of either record. Thankfully, the 2nd label went out of business too. They then started self-distributing and began making a little money. But that's how it goes if you're not careful.

Archived