Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Scored with fork, parboiled then roast in olive oil m'lud?

I believe that is the Michael Caine way...not a lot of people etc etc.

Yes sir.. Of course :)

But a better trick is too just shake them up a bit in what ever you use to drain the water that does a good job of roughing them up.

Also one of the tricks is to pre heat the roasting pan with oil.. When you then put the potatoes in you get a nice sizzle and you should pour the oil over the tops of the potatoes.. 200C for an hour or so (or when they look good)... They were almost like very large chips.. YUM :)

Edited by Rabs

Last night an easy one; plaice in breadcrumbs and onion rings. Wonderful.

Tonight - roast chicken, sweet potato, parsnip (they didn't roast too well), carrot, cabbage, gravy.

Half a lemon, 2 limes, 3 oranges squeezed into a pint glass and topped up with water.

Edited by jdgm

Those spuds look sensational!

They were.. Even though I actually ate them, looking at the picture makes me want to eat them all over again (its literally making my mouth water)... So good. Id eat them every day if they wernt so bad for you :)

I think it also comes down to choosing the right potato.. Those ones are maris pipers...

Edited by Rabs

I ordered a Bison burger out and got some barbecued beef burger with pulled pork on top instead. Then the waitress never came back while I was eating the salad first and didn't notice the screw up at first. I tried it and it wasn't bad though. Quite sure it had much more carbs though.

I ATE HAGGIS FOR LUNCH TODAY!!!!

First time I've had that; a supermarket mark-down, comes in a tube with a clip either end and you wrap in foil and put it in oven with a little water for 75 min.

Turned out really good with spinach, carrots and gravy. Like mince but...different, I'll definitely have it again.

Chicken Masman curry... Again :) But its just so good.

And so easy to make

This paste is from Thailand. A friend of mine married a Thai woman and its what she uses...

ohsI8qB.jpg

Just onion, red chilli (birds eye), coconut milk, some spuds and what ever meat you want to use

3dt9zzQ.jpg

YUM!!

HIJWiOT.jpg

Ohh and for dessert. A chocolate éclair with Cornish cream custard :D

VL5SP8O.jpg

Edited by Rabs