Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

I have two drinks most nights.....

Which is what I started to do....until I realized I better stop....but perhaps as you are a little older your glass deserves refilling more often than mine! [wink]

....but almost never start before 5 pm.

A bit early....but that's the colonies, eh? Damned hot! [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

Which is what I started to do....until I realized I better stop....but perhaps as you are a little older your glass deserves refilling more often than mine! [wink]

Diabetes limits my drinking these days but half the time I have a drink I struggle to finish it! Sad but true!

A bit early....but that's the colonies, eh? Damned hot! [flapper] [flapper] [flapper]

Yeah quite right you have to keep your fluids up down here! can't risk dehydration, can you?

I know, which is why I am asking. We have a *huge* Mexican and Central American population in Chicago which means killer traditional tacos everywhere. We also have all of the Rick Bayless proteges doing their own killer take on tacos. That gives me the fish tacos from Habanero option. Flip side is that my wife does not like Lebanese food very much so I'm on my own when I want a falafel fix.

I'm not sure I was much help [biggrin]

We must know though, was it tacos or schwarma? My coworker gave me some tacos at lunch today that were pretty legit. I usually bring a sandwich for lunch and end up getting (free) very good tacos also. Which brings me to my next point

I love them too. When I was in my 20's, I could sit down and eat 20 tacos and not gain an oz of weight. Next day I had to eat a ton again to keep my weight at 155 lbs. So tonight for dinner? Ate at Chilli's restraint, I had 3 Chicken enchiladas with black beans, corn, green chili, cheese, rice and a coke. Very good. msp_thumbup.gif

I'm currently in my 20s and need to consume 3 times my body weight every day [biggrin] It seems like I will never eat enough to gain weight, but I'm in trouble if that changes [scared]

1460753871[/url]' post='1761190']

I know that you guys love Turkey but to me it's over rated! Perhaps it's just the stuff we get here?

What sort of cuts do you BBQ (Turkey that is?)

I'd rather Chicken to be honest.

Do you make the beans yourselves?

To be honest, before my brain tumor in the 80's, I ate all sorts of stuff with beef and steaks being on top. When I got the chemo and radiation treatments, I threw up anything beef. Heck even a glass of water, but vomiting beef was the worst. Salt magnified ten fold so I gave up both for decades. Not to mention the severe stomach aches that felt like I was being stabbed with a knife. So of the things I could keep down and liked the taste was turkey, which my chemo therapist was happy that I was getting protein. I got hooked on it and like it more then chicken but to this day I eat both. I found out I could eat beef again about 15 years ago or so, so now I eat more of it, but the wrong kind, "fatty or greasy" goes right threw me in less then 20 minutes after I eat. The turkey I get is sliced oven baked and the breasts. I don't care for the dark meat but my wife eats the dark. I love chicken Enchiladas. There's only a few, "Handful" of places I can eat hamburgers or steak here and though the, "about 28 years" of being cancer free, I've had plenty of time to make a list of places to eat and stay away from. Deb is lactose intolerant and can't have cheese or milk. So we plan to eat out at places we know we can go to. Our meal this lunch was at Dickeys. We never been there before but her aunt wanted to see if we liked it. I agree that the beef briscut was much better then the turkey and that's saying a lot because I love the taste of turkey. Just oven baked though, not deep fried. The best place here to get baked beans is Famous Daves barbecue. They put barbecue sauce and biscuit in it. I'll make barbecue baked beans here when we have Hotdogs which is seldom.

1460757798[/url]' post='1761214']

BLTs for me tonight!!! [biggrin] Maybe even Turkey Club cut at an angle with a toothpick. [flapper]

Ever have a BLT with Turkey and Miracle Whip? Ohhhh, that's so good!msp_thumbup.gif

1460767613[/url]' post='1761276']

I'm currently in my 20s and need to consume 3 times my body weight every day [biggrin] It seems like I will never eat enough to gain weight, but I'm in trouble if that changes [scared]

Well, I weighed about 150 lbs when I graduated High School in 72. I was 155 lbs when I got married in 79 and I was lifting weights trying to gain weight. I took all sorts of proteins and powder and vitamins and junk. Didn't really help, though I got very strong. A friend of mine tried steroids and so, I did too. Still didn't work. So at a later time, I did it again and about tripled the dose. That did the trick as every week I came into the gym, I could add 20 lbs to the bar. 10 on each side. I went from benching 175 lbs for 1 rep to 195 lbs for 10 easy reps. I maxed out at 325 lbs. I could squat 425 lbs for 5 reps. Bad thing was though, I got a brain tumor cancer and lost every thing I worked for. I later found out it was a cause from those steroids. They heal, and make things grow. Seems I had this medulloblastoma brain tumor since childhood. It never grew but those steroids made it grow. Only children get those types of tumors nd I seemed to be a mystery to the doctors of why an adult got it. It advanced so much, they said if I didn't have the surgery, I'd be dead the next day. So don't ever think about doing steroids guys. Their bad news. Funny thing though, the brain swollen so much the doc gave me the same steroids I was doing to get the swelling down. That scared me. So for over 35 years, I've weighed at 200 lbs and still work out. That's the weight I wanted. After I retired, I did gain some weight, I've been retired for 3 years come May 31 and I weigh myself every day. I'm at 203 to 2004 depends on the day and I'm 63 the 22nd of this month. So if you're like me, you don't have anything to worry about. However I did drop one meal when I left the railroad and eat twice daily now. Just not that active to eat three meals a day. I eat a big brunch that fills me up and a light dinner.

Tonight the Grandchildren come over, so it is a crap shoot. We leave it up to them,so Pizza or hot dogs,maybe mac-n-cheese,who knows. The hardest part is to get all of them to agree.

My grandkids love mac-n-cheese ,never seen a kid that didn't. Like you said it's a crap shoot.

4H

I'm not sure I was much help [biggrin]

We must know though, was it tacos or schwarma? My coworker gave me some tacos at lunch today that were pretty legit. I usually bring a sandwich for lunch and end up getting (free) very good tacos also. Which brings me to my next point

Your input is always a help and always welcome, brother.

Free tacos! [thumbup] [thumbup]

I forgot that this was the Friday of the month we get catered lunch so I had Lou Malnati's pizza. Then I chased that gut buster lunch with a beer, burger, and fries from Shake Shack for dinner. Blech. I'm 41, not a spry young man like you ;)

Speaking of tacos, my favorite are tongue.

Went to the Red & White football spring game in Lincoln today and they wanted to eat at Old Chicago. Should have done my regular Cal Zone meal but I tried their bacon cheeseburger so the grandson could have some fries. Wish I didn't. Very greasy! So tonight when we got back late in Omaha, she wanted to go to The Noodles Company. I had tomato basil soup, with a chicken wrap. Very good.

Our appliances came in so soon, Deb will be cooking again. We've been without a stove this whole year. Ours broke. First our countertop has to come in. So after church, she wanted to go to Granite City for lunch. Rarely go there because of its high prices. But we had their Buffet? Got a stomach ach from something I ate there. Think it was the cheesy potatoes. And dinner was a La Casa pizza and garlic bread.