Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]That is what I will make for the grandkids tonight for supper. Thanks for the inspiration,have not done Boboli in ages.And the kids can help.

Boboli! [thumbup] If you don't know what I mean it's the best pre-made pizza crust ever. Add pizza sauce, fresh mozzarella and toppings of your choice... bake at 450 on a pizza stone... BOOM!... great homemade pizza.

The wife and I are at Branson Missouri celebrating my 63rd Birthday. It was the 22 and I had a fillet steak and cinnamon apples for dinner and it was soooo, good. Lunches here are wherever. I get to pick out my new Amp for my gift when I get back at home. Ill be asking you guys for advice later and I will be trying some out at Dietz music next week. msp_thumbup.gif

Hi Retired,

Happy Birthday a little late to you!!! Did I read somewhere that you live in Iowa too? Maybe I was just dreaming again. Happens a lot these days. :rolleyes:

Aster

1461426113[/url]' post='1763665']

Happy belated birthday!!

What amp do you have your eye on?

That I'm not sure. Now, I have a $100.00 Vox amp. It's plenty loud and I set it at very low sound levels but when I turn the knobs from say vibrato, to clean or echo, it sometimes kicks off, no sound to a hum noise that irritates the wife. Doesn't bother me as I'm half deaf and can't hear it. Im not looking for a expensive multi thousand dollar amp but I would like something that would compliment my Gibson Gold Top Standard and the BB King custom Lucillie I plan to get sometime in the future. I was going to start with Marshal and check some out? I do like amps that have stuff on them that can go blues, California clean, vibrate, fuzz, ect. But was hopping to pick one up for $1000.00 or. Less. Maybe around $500 to $700?? I don't know. I just play at home and don't gig.

1461442790[/url]' post='1763726']

Hi Retired,

Happy Birthday a little late to you!!! Did I read somewhere that you live in Iowa too? Maybe I was just dreaming again. Happens a lot these days. :rolleyes:

Aster

Thanks. I was born in Sioux City Iowa and moved when I was 'Two' in Council Bluffs Iowa. I moved to Omaha Nebraska when I married at 26 years old and lived here ever since as this is where she lived and had her home. Now we're in Old Millard Omaha and have been here the last 20 some years. We're about one mile from our grandson and his mom and our son's home so the wife has no plans to move anymore. We just spent some unexpected money this trip. The wife bought into some property down here so we'll be coming down here more often about once a year and we can bring Sundance with us instead of leaving him home for someone to take care of him. And we still can go to South Dakota as we have a farm up there that she rents out to a guy to farm the fields. We love the Black Hills. We are going to another show tonight so I'll be leaving in a bit, just thought I'd check in a bit to see what was going on and say hi everyone. I heard about Prince. That was so sad and unbelievable that the Flu got him

That I'm not sure. Now, I have a $100.00 Vox amp. It's plenty loud and I set it at very low sound levels but when I turn the knobs from say vibrato, to clean or echo, it sometimes kicks off, no sound to a hum noise that irritates the wife. Doesn't bother me as I'm half deaf and can't hear it. Im not looking for a expensive multi thousand dollar amp but I would like something that would compliment my Gibson Gold Top Standard and the BB King custom Lucillie I plan to get sometime in the future. I was going to start with Marshal and check some out? I do like amps that have stuff on them that can go blues, California clean, vibrate, fuzz, ect. But was hopping to pick one up for $1000.00 or. Less. Maybe around $500 to $700?? I don't know. I just play at home and don't gig.

Thanks. I was born in Sioux City Iowa and moved when I was 'Two' in Council Bluffs Iowa. I moved to Omaha Nebraska when I married at 26 years old and lived here ever since as this is where she lived and had her home. Now we're in Old Millard Omaha and have been here the last 20 some years. We're about one mile from our grandson and his mom and our son's home so the wife has no plans to move anymore. We just spent some unexpected money this trip. The wife bought into some property down here so we'll be coming down here more often about once a year and we can bring Sundance with us instead of leaving him home for someone to take care of him. And we still can go to South Dakota as we have a farm up there that she rents out to a guy to farm the fields. We love the Black Hills. We are going to another show tonight so I'll be leaving in a bit, just thought I'd check in a bit to see what was going on and say hi everyone. I heard about Prince. That was so sad and unbelievable that the Flu got him

Fender Mustangs are pretty good amp,got all those things you're looking for. Good solid state amp.cheap too. Tube amp?idk Too many to choose from. I have a Vox AC30. Heavy bugger.

My folks know that my financial straits are dire, so they surprised me with a bag of groceries!

Since I got a bunch of sliced ham, it's a full-on ham-fest. Because what goes better with ham than more ham? And what would I be if I died tonight and didn't finish all the ham first? A dead tosser who missed out on a bunch of ham, that's what.

Blessed to have my folks. And I make a point of telling them that.

Late lunch today. 2:00 we had chicken with oriental noodles. A Tia Pai I think they called it. Not sure what dinner will be, were in a tornado watch with what the wife just said, one touched down by her moms house several miles from here. Have the news on now and we may cancel going out to the spa tonight.