Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Having almost nothing to eat since Sunday night I was relived when the decided to feed me here in the hospital last night.

It wasnt anything that I'd been fantasising about but it was bloody nice!

I had asparagus spears wrapped in bacon and cheese that had been grilled. Accompiniments were a handful of poatato gems and half a grilled tomato! I never have dessert but last night I gobbled down ice cream & jelly without missing a beat. Bloody yum!

Wonder whats for brekkie!

Feed that old Kangaroo and get better!msp_thumbup.gif Well they just said that tornado that touched down went back up and didn't do any damage. We checked with the wife's mom and their fine. Still talking about more storms, there coming up from Texas. I had a cheese burger and fries tonight.

Are you feeling a little better Digger? Glad your back home and feeling better soon. Tonight is now: pepper Jacks with a steak giant Burrito and Pepsi. rolleyes.gif

Thanks Butch I do feel better than yesterday but the tramadol wore off about the time I did the dishes and there is a lot of pain lurking in the back ground.. I'll probably be in bed by 7.30.

It's really weird!

Since coming home from hospital earlier in the week the flavours I'm used to are INCREDIBLY strong and I can't approach them.

We had a piece of eye fillet with Gael's killer mushroom sauce, steak had bacon wrapped around it! Couldn't eat anything that had the gravy on it as the flavour was too strong, and the smokey flavour of the bacon was so intense I had to spit it out and the dog got it! Not sure if it's new medication, the ulcers and where they are or something else? I've hardly eaten in the last week and have lost kilos of weight, but it this keeps up I guess I'm gonna lose a lot more!

(It's OK I could stand to lose 10 or 15 kilos more....grin~)

Chuckle.....maybe I should stay away from this thread for a while?

1462047570[/url]' post='1765532']

It's really weird!

Since coming home from hospital earlier in the week the flavours I'm used to are INCREDIBLY strong and I can't approach them.

We had a piece of eye fillet with Gael's killer mushroom sauce, steak had bacon wrapped around it! Couldn't eat anything that had the gravy on it as the flavour was too strong, and the smokey flavour of the bacon was so intense I had to spit it out and the dog got it! Not sure if it's new medication, the ulcers and where they are or something else? I've hardly eaten in the last week and have lost kilos of weight, but it this keeps up I guess I'm gonna lose a lot more!

(It's OK I could stand to lose 10 or 15 kilos more....grin~)

Chuckle.....maybe I should stay away from this thread for a while?

Sort of sounds to me it could be the ulcers. I know how you feel too! When I went through that brain tumor cancer, and the treatments, the Chemo drugs they gave me didn't really bother me. And I got hit up hard. The radiation treatments were another thing. They treated me from my eyebrows over my head, and down my back to the tailbone. So the radiation sprayed through my back irritating my stomach. Anyway. Everything I ate tasted weird. When I came home from the hospital way back, my wife made chip beef on toast, I took one bite and spit it out. "My god I said, did you dump the entire container of salt on it?" We couldn't figure it out, why my taste of salt was magnified over other people. There were many things I found I couldn't eat because of the radiation treatments. I bet your experiencing the same effects with your ulcers. And the medication may not help matters either. I would talk to your doctor and report what it's doing to you.

Sorry, I forgot. Lunch was a pepper jakes philly steak, fries and drink and dinner was with the wife at Noodles and I had a small bowl of chicken noodle soup and a small chicken wrap that came with it. Very good.

Got an electric smoker a few weeks ago. I've been using it every weekend since.

Today I smoked chicken wings, kakobs, burgers and even corn on the cob. Used cherry wood. Some lima beans n salad.

My wife is enjoying all the cooking I've been doing.

1462153511[/url]' post='1765873']

Got an electric smoker a few weeks ago. I've been using it every weekend since.

Today I smoked chicken wings, kakobs, burgers and even corn on the cob. Used cherry wood. Some lima beans n salad.

My wife is enjoying all the cooking I've been doing.

That sounds delicious, with spring here and summer coming up, I'll have to get our grill out and do some cooking. Our stove went out some time back and we're waiting on the countertop to come in before we can redo the kitchen. Today it was eggs for breakfast and toast. Dinner was Famous Daves. Beef biscuit and chicken breast with baked beans and potatoes. No lunch as I had to babysit the grandson. The wife is feeling way down.

What's wrong with Deb Butch? Gael is awful crook too, just a bad cold but it goes to her throat and every time she tries to sleep she starts coughing. No sleep for days now, poor thing!

I wish them both a quick recovery!

Food? I haven't been eating much in the last 10 days or so and have lost 7 or 8 kilos. I've just been having light meals or fruit and I haven't had a drink in almost 2 weeks now.

I'm seeing this as an opportunity to reduce my stomach and maybe change the way I've been eating. See how we go?

What happens now? Does your change fall through and onto the ground?

Forgot your from down yonder , in America we have these Hot Pockets that have steak,cheese and other mixes in a soft shell like a taco. Place in microwave 2~3 mins and presto, nice snack

4H