Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

I often have an issue when playing out in the evening...travelling and setting up at the time I would be having supper at home

So a missed meal, not minded to snack at the venue

Today bran flakes with soya milk for breakfast

Spicey veg stew with pasta twists/pesto/parmesan + egg noodles for lunch... [thumbup]

Cheddar cheese slices, wholemeal bread and sauerkraut or pickled onion for tea/supper

Doesn't get much better than this... [biggrin]

V

:-({|=

Took my best girl out for Chinese in town tonight....no reason other than we felt like it!

We had one entree each, mine being Chinese sausage which was yummy. Gael had a spring roll. Then we shared mongolian lamb on a sizzle platter and BBQ pork & cashew nuts with special fried rice. That was a lot of food! No room for an ice cream sundae unfortunately.

I did a big lamb roast in our wood oven for lunch yesterday and all the yummy roast vegetables that go with such a meal.

Because it was a big piece of meat requiring 2 1/2 hours cooking time, I had to load the firebox right up and that made for some difficulty controlling the heat but in the end it was lovely.

We had 2 couples here and enjoyed their company on a gorgeous Spring day with acoustic blues playing in the background.

It doesn't get much better and is the first of many occasions outside with friends and nice food.

For tea all I had was a couple of crunchy peanut butter sandwiches and a couple of left over chocolates.

B005D913-07E3-4C06-ACE7-AF17F445BD8E_zps9v3laukn.jpg

Lunch was at BNSF for family days which retirees were invited. Deb and I had a hot dog a bag of chips a cookie and a soda they offered for free. We had Grayson and he loved the railroad cars and got to go through a real locomotive and see where they repair them at. Tonight was a La Casa Pizza.

Reheated Sunday roast lamb from left overs. Not easy to reheat meat without it tasting so, but Mrs Dig warms the meat slowly in her killer gravy.

Almost better the second time around, and certainly helped by the weather allowing us to eat outside at night for the first time in months.

And you spent all that money on a new kitchen Butch!! Grin~

Last night we had shepherds pie and there were so many veggies in it we just had bread and butter as an accompaniment. Very nice and left overs today.

I'm starting to get excited about a small cruise we are taking next month and made the mistake of you tubing some of the cruise ship menus and buffets. Had food on my mind all day yesterday...Grin~

Just took the trip of a lifetime - around the world in 21 days. Believe it or not the trip was work related.

Started off by flying from LA to Portugal in late September. Spent a few days in Porto then Lisbon then went to Madrid, Spain. Flew from Madrid to Frankfurt then to Hong Kong where I posted a photo on this thread of Dim Sum. Went to Beijing and Shijiazhuang (I'd never heard of it either, city in Heibei province with over 4 million people), then Shanghai, Suzhou and finally Hangzhou (where the G-20 was just held). Flew from Shanghai to Seoul to LA on Sunday. I've never eaten like I did on this trip It was both amazing and also at times little strange. I ate loads of vegetables and fungi that I have never eaten before in China. Absolutely delicious. Also dumplings in China are the best.

I also ate some weird stuff like snails, intestines, silkworm pupae within the cocoon (I accidentally ate the entire thing instead of sucking out the worm and leaving the cocoon), stinky tofu, and durian fruit.

Meals in China were HUGE. They kept bringing out food and just when you thought you were finished, more would come. I recommend just taking a few bites of stuff when the meal started or else you get full too quickly.

Here are some photos:

Sardines in Porto:

Porto_zpssmd0licm.jpg

Seafood in Lisbon:

LisbonJPG_zpsb32skpo1.jpg

Hot Pot in Beijing (Put meat and or fish into boiling water – delicious):

Beijing_zpsbspzm663.jpg

Typical meal in Shijiazhuang:

Shijiazhuang_zpskff36nxk.jpg

Countryside feast in Zheng Ding City:

Zheng%20Ding%20city_zpssknma56y.jpg

Fresh hairy crab in Suzhou (seasonal):

Suzhou_zpsnaql1smt.jpg

Sounds amazing!

Thanks for the photos and now I'm thinking we might head to China next year as it looks fascinating!

It was amazing. We were treated like royalty. My wife's Korean so everyone assumed she was Chinese and spoke to her in Chinese. She didn't understand a lick and I speak a little Mandarin so I would answer. I was approached by many people wanting to have their picture taken with a Meiguoren (American). Many places I was the only caucasian around.