Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

1477513061[/url]' post='1808425']

A knuckle sandwich followed by a healthy slice of humble pie.

What is a knuckle sandwich? I know here it's when someone smacks you with their fist. Lol. Lasagna sounds very good Karloff. We had spaghetti with 2 slices of pizza. The grandson loves pizza and chicken tenders and won't eat much else for us. Tonight, after the gym it's most likely a bowl of chili or .99c tacos.

Yesterday p.m. - mango and blueberries with yogurt; chicken pieces dipped in gram flour and turmeric then fried, plus cumin rice and peas

Today a.m. - porridge, toast, tea

p.m. - jdgm's concentrated onion broth with home-made bread, followed by a small meat pie and one large carrot

Juice of 1 fresh lemon and 1 lime squeezed into a pint of water.

What is a knuckle sandwich? I know here it's when someone smacks you with their fist. Lol. Lasagna sounds very good Karloff. We had spaghetti with 2 slices of pizza. The grandson loves pizza and chicken tenders and won't eat much else for us. Tonight, after the gym it's most likely a bowl of chili or .99c tacos.

You're ruining my lame attempt as humor.

Last night was banh mi and spring rolls. Tonight is going to be whatever you can scrape together or what my grandfather called "must go", as it must go before it spoils.

A treat for me tonight, no particular reason...I don't eat this nearly so often as I used to -

Roast topside of beef, rare and carved thin with - horseradish, sweet potato, carrots, beans, mustard gravy.

Draught beer from my local brewery.

1477604177[/url]' post='1808610']

You're ruining my lame attempt as humor.

Last night was banh mi and spring rolls. Tonight is going to be whatever you can scrape together or what my grandfather called "must go", as it must go before it spoils.

Ha ha, msp_flapper.gif. That's what I thought it was. And I am one who loves humor. I'm getting old, have to think what I had for lunch. Dinner was chicken pot pie. Wife's 1st attempt ever making it and it was very delicious. Oh, we took the grandson to Godfathers pizza buffet. Had to wait a minute for the next heartburn pain to hit. Now I remembermsp_flapper.gifmsp_thumbup.gif

Cancer is such an awful disease!

I made up some "chicken rolls" yesterday for the BBQ. I took thin slices off a couple of fillets and flattened them out some more. Rolled them around a block of tasty cheese (2"x1") and then wrapped them in smokey bacon and secured with tooth picks.

A few "Chats" (white new potatoes) split lengthwise and cook the lot on a BBQ plate with a light spray of EVOO. Peas and corn finished the meal off and it is always beautiful. (Don't overcook!)

Why do things always taste better cooked outside?

Giant steak burrito, very good. Steak, green peppers, onion, jalapeño peppers, rice, pinto beans, tomato, black olives, lettuce, cheese and hot salsa wrapped tight in a tortilla. Full all day but the wife wanted leftover chicken pot pie for dinner so we split it. It was small.

Lunch was last nights chicken roll sliced and in bread with extra cheese and grilled in the sandwich maker.

Tea was homemade hamburgers and I was gonna cook them on the BBQ but a cool change came through as I was preheating the plate, so we ended up cooking inside....not nearly as much fun!

Gael is teaching herself to make wine trifle because I love it so much. Now that mum has gone I am left without a source of good trifle. Her first attempt is nice but needs some refinement.

Couldn't be too bad though as I had some for lunch and for tea.

Chicken satay skewers and boiled rice last night.

Chicken & boiled rice can be a problem for me because it frequently gets stuck in my gullet and won't go down. This happened to me last night and was uncomfortable for quite a while. When that happens I find jumping up and down often helps move it down some.

We have Grayson all day today and tomorrow while Mommy is out of town. Deb suggested several meals and He Wanted Pizza! "No Grandma, Pizza!" Lol So we went to Fazolies, I think it's spelled. We had spaghetti with both a slice of pizza which he ate one whole slice. He will be 2 the 13th of this month.dinner Deb and I tried this new chicken restraunt tonight to see what it was like. Overpriced and not worth the time.

Last night I had a Frey Bentos Steak & Kidney pie for tea. I like these pies but they are so hard to get open that it's now hardly worth the effort!

I tried 4 different tin openers and in the end use my Leatherman to rip the bloody lid off...I say bloody because as usual I cut myself opening the damn thing.

I baked that in the oven until the pastry had risen and browned and then had some oven chips with it. It was meant to be an easy tea!

It was nice, just not worth the trouble of opening the tin.

A major problem nowadays is that almost everything (here at least) is made in China and is basically crap! Can openers, nail clippers what ever you buy is all crap. paying more doesn't guarantee better quality, just more profit for the reseller and importer.

The other problem is elderly people jsut don't have the strength in their hand to do stupid hard jobs like opening a Frey Bentos pie tin.

Here is the offender! http://shop.coles.com.au/online/national/fray-bentos-steak-kidney-pie-with-puff-pastry

Casserole; chicken bacon onion sweet red pepper carrots garlic, all in jdgm's special strong onion gravy.

Delicious but...windy later.

I used to love those Fray Bentos pies but haven't had one for years. Can't eat pastry like I used to.

You've got to have a good heavy-duty can opener with a cutting wheel for those though.

Casserole; chicken bacon onion sweet red pepper carrots garlic, all in jdgm's special strong onion gravy.

Delicious but...windy later.

I used to love those Fray Bentos pies but haven't had one for years. Can't eat pastry like I used to.

You've got to have a good heavy-duty can opener with a cutting wheel for those though.

Yeah, or a bloody angle grinder!!!