Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

That pie sounds nice!!

We were in town at lunchtime so headed to the Lawn Bowls Club just for a change. There was a terrific specials board with about 15 items.

I chose cheap as it was just for lunch and ordered sausages. It was about $12.50. When it came it was 2 big fat beef sausages crumbed and golden brown! There were some chips but this place had a bar where you can get a big range of veggies and salads. I added some salad items for a groaning plate (I was quite hungry!) These were the best snags I've had out for a long time and I finished every morsel.....Yummo!

We promptly filled out the membership documents and paid our dues...we will be back there often I would imagine.

Too full to have much for tea so I had a roast chicken sandwich with lovely local bakery bread. Then Gael mentioned we might still have enough ingredients to whip up a rough trifle...I'm in!

Cut up some left over cake and liberally doused it with sherry and added a small tub of diced peaches. A small cup of jelly cut up and distributed then followed by a liberal layer of custard...Voila! Wine trifle!

I'd made up a huge bowl of it with the intention of saving half for tonight, but as you can guess I ate the bloody lot!

Stew - pork, nearly 1kg shallots, garlic, red pepper, gravy, then add green beans...

It's that time of year when my local brewery have my favourite beer on draught too, so beer this evening while I listen to the fireworks going off (Guy Fawkes night in UK).

Sunday lunch was courtesy of Rabs -

Rolls, bagels, smoked salmon, fish balls (yum), potato salad, cream cheese, some truly tasty chopped liver.

Excellent and thankyou very much indeed Rabs!

[thumbup]

Always been a favourite Sunday lunch and never disappoints.

Nothing really beats a good roast but bringing that along with me would have been a bit much.. :)