Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

That looks so good. Coconut curries are a personal favorite of mine. I tend to load mine up with Thai basil leaves for that extra peppery kick.

Yeah it is REALLY good..

A friend of mine married a Thai woman... And they lived over here for a few years before moving to Thailand (where he lived for over 10 years)...

And she cooked THE most amazing food, she showed me how to do it and even which curry paste to use which you can get over here called Lobo.. Its so easy to make and you get those great results.. You literally just add water to the paste, brown off what ever meat you are using, then add whatever else you want and let it cook for a while (at least an hour)... I keep it quite simple. Steak chunks with onion and potato, extra birds eye chill (4) rice and some naan bread...

Im having it again tomorrow.. Even though I may go with a massaman curry this time... Hmmmmmmmmmm

Yeah it is REALLY good..

A friend of mine married a Thai woman... And they lived over here for a few years before moving to Thailand (where he lived for over 10 years)...

And she cooked THE most amazing food, she showed me how to do it and even which curry paste to use which you can get over here called Lobo.. Its so easy to make and you get those great results.. You literally just add water to the paste, brown off what ever meat you are using, then add whatever else you want and let it cook for a while (at least an hour)... I keep it quite simple. Steak chunks with onion and potato, extra birds eye chill (4) rice and some naan bread...

Im having it again tomorrow.. Even though I may go with a massaman curry this time... Hmmmmmmmmmm

I love Thai food.

My wife had a Thai roommate at university and she taught her some of the lesser known techniques like using fish sauce for depth. We make ours with a ton of vegetables and seafood (baby octopus, shrimp, and mussels).

What's your favorite Thai dish? I've been mostly living off Thai food and sushi while I've been here in Ventura. My usual go-to for Thai is pad kee mao but I'm always interested in trying new stuff. The Thai place around the corner here makes a really nice salad too

Not sure my tastes in Thai are that adventurous. My obsession is coconut milk curries in all forms and anything with basil. Ever had spicy duck basil or ground chicken basil?

Today me and my wife had Thai for lunch at this new place and they had a green curry with chicken on the bone in it. Soooo good.

Your sushi eating is making me jealous. The sushi I've had on the West coast is top notch. We have good stuff here, but we pay through the nose for it.

Not sure my tastes in Thai are that adventurous. My obsession is coconut milk curries in all forms and anything with basil. Ever had spicy duck basil or ground chicken basil?

Today me and my wife had Thai for lunch at this new place and they had a green curry with chicken on the bone in it. Soooo good.

Your sushi eating is making me jealous. The sushi I've had on the West coast is top notch. We have good stuff here, but we pay through the nose for it.

I have not but I love duck and I'll probably go for spicy duck basil for dinner tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion! Gonna have to try more curry too, I'm a curry novice

I tend to spend more on sushi than other types of food but it's so worth it. Unfortunately my girlfriend doesn't like seafood (something I'm trying to change) so it's a bit of a rarity for me and I really crave it so I feel your pain there

Sorry but your going to have to wait until Friday to find out, but we've been on the Emerald Princess cruise ship for the last few days and all I'm goona say id " Bombe Alaska".

We havent barely started to sample the delights of Sydney, and let me tell you there is plenty of good stuff to consider.

Stay tuned.

Met friends ( Stuart AKA Eggs from the (Epi forum) and his dear wife) at a lovely Chinese seafood restaurant. One dish was a Maquarie Perch that was bought to us to approve before it was killed and cooked in ginger and garlic. I must say I felt a bit sorry for the poor thing. Then we had a range of dishes inc salt and pepper white bait and calamari, which I really liked. I commented that they should call that dish "bait" as that is whai I commonly use those items for.

Hey there Dig, glad you and Stu had a good time (better than the fish's [laugh]). Sitting at Heathrow waiting for the boarding call and drinking some fine Californian Red (I am gonna sleep on this flight if I gotta pass out!!!) - should hit Sydney on Friday morning, but if QF2 goes down, give my regards to the Gibson lounge crew!

1479169756[/url]' post='1812406']

Sorry but your going to have to wait until Friday to find out, but we've been on the Emerald Princess cruise ship for the last few days and all I'm goona say id " Bombe Alaska".

We havent barely started to sample the delights of Sydney, and let me tell you there is plenty of good stuff to consider.

Stay tuned.

You should have entered photos of yourself before the cruise and then taken some after to show all that fine eating! msp_flapper.gif Deb and I had a hamburger at Famous Daves. Then dinner was quesadilla for two.

Hey there Dig, glad you and Stu had a good time (better than the fish's [laugh]). Sitting at Heathrow waiting for the boarding call and drinking some fine Californian Red (I am gonna sleep on this flight if I gotta pass out!!!) - should hit Sydney on Friday morning, but if QF2 goes down, give my regards to the Gibson lounge crew!

[/quote

Were going to be at the same airport on the same day as we are leaving on a 9 am flight.

Safe travelling to us both.

Porridge then toast this morning.

Around lunchtime a big fresh-ground coffee and more toast with cheese.

This evening chicken salad with cous cous, lots of beetroot, olives, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, radish, tomatoes, spring onions, ginger, garlic all chopped with olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing.

Then beer.

Deb and I have been to busy to celebrate our 37th anniversary the 17th so finally we went out to the Texas Road House. We both had the steak Filet, her the 6oz and me the 8oz. She had shrimp added with baked potato and vegetables and I had a half rack of Bar B Que Ribs added with mashed potatoes and a salad. A once a year meal for such an occasion and it was so so good. msp_thumbup.gif