Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Deb and I have been to busy to celebrate our 37th anniversary the 17th so finally we went out to the Texas Road House. We both had the steak Filet, her the 6oz and me the 8oz. She had shrimp added with baked potato and vegetables and I had a half rack of Bar B Que Ribs added with mashed potatoes and a salad. A once a year meal for such an occasion and it was so so good. msp_thumbup.gif

Glad it lived up to your expectations Butch!

We had a slack attack tonight and besides it was too hot to cook so we belatedly decided to go into town to eat.

We chose the bowling club bistro and weren't disappointed, Gael had lasagne and I chose the beef & guiness pie. There is a buffet for hot veggies and salad items which makes for a big meal as you tend to put too much on your plate, or at least I do.

Bowl of beef stew, it was very good but hurt like heck on the filling I got at the dentist today. I chipped a tooth and he drilled without numbing it to save cost. Tonight thought I'd try spaghetti but that hurt bad to. Couldn't eat much of it.

Panadol is your friend!

1479864949[/url]' post='1814207']

Panadol is your friend!

Haven't heard of that here. I took 1 Benadryl after I got home which helped till lunch. But the stew was the wrong thing I think. You would think spaghetti wouldn't be bad on it but couldn't eat much at all. Too 2 more pain killers. I thought a filling chipped off but he said that was good still, the tooth itself chipped a piece off. The tooth started to decay a bit so he drilled way down to clean it out. I told him I must be one tough old bird to let him do all that drilling with no novocain. I don't have dental insurance anymore so that cut the bill down to 100 bucks for a drilling and a filling. msp_scared.gif

I had to pick Kellie up and take her into town for an appointment about lunch time and before I had eaten. On the way in I felt funny and realised I was having a hypo! (low blood sugar incident). After I droppoed her off I headed up to the RSL intending to grab a plate of sandwiches but the cafe was crowded so I went into the bistro instead. Grabbed a mini parma with chips and salad for $11 and that fixed my blood sugar. Stayed there mucking around with my iPad for a while to let my blood sugar stabilise before I got behind the wheel again.

• Upvote 1

Being as how tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the USA (you know, the day the natives fed the immigrants to keep them from starving), okay, enough of that, tomorrow's dinner is going to be:

Prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled asparagus and cheesecake. Of course the champagne and wine will be flowing freely and we'll have planty of "munchies" on hand, and Mrs G's daughter will be down for the day from LA!

Just not enough of us to justify the time and trouble of the Turkey thing. As for prime rib? Well, why not?

• Upvote 2

Last night we caught up with friends who have been in NZ for s month. We met them at the RSL as it was the 2 for 1 night!

Gael and I paid just under $20 for 2 really nice meals. I had chicken mignon salad and chips. Great value and a nice time chatting.

• Upvote 1

Pumpkin pie sounds great, I had some thanksgiving with ice cream on top but the wife gave the rest for her mom and dad to take home. Lunch today was a Arby's giant roast beef sandwich.

Pumpkin & ice cream? Together?

Geez you Yanks really are a weird mob!