Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

I intended to mow the grass yesterday but when I got back from a dentist appointment in town I was told we were going to Lakes Entrance to buy a new rug and having lunch there!!

I knew the lunch was a sweetener to get me to go bur heck, I can be bought!

No suitable rugs so we went to lunch anyway. Being a very popular holiday spot at the start of our lake system the food is either expensive or has lots of take-away options so we went to the RSL which basically offers Chinese style food, and after all that suits me fine. I had satay chicken! Man it was a huge serve and really nice...all for $14.

Then before we left we dropped in at the Fishing Co Op retail fish outlet right behind where the boats unload their hauls and found the flathead pieces were just $24 a kilo (sometimes $40) so we bought half a kilo for tea.

I crumbed them and we had homemade coleslaw and some chips. These flathead pieces are boneless and are a sweet flakey white meat.

Just lovely, and there is enough for a meal for Greg our son whose coming to stay for a while and who loves flathead.

1482448023[/url]' post='1821376']

Had left over turkey sandwiches

4H

That's what I had for lunch 4H. Leftover turkey sandwich with a small salad I made. The wife wanted to go out tonight and shop so we went to Pepper Jax and both had a steak philly and split some fries. They give you too many for one serving and together we can't eat them all.

BBQ ribs for Christmas evening supper with cheesey hash browns.

Cheesy hash browns sounds very decadent to me! I reckon Nero was having those and didn't notice Rome burning down~

Last night a porterhouse, coleslaw and oven baked potato halves.

Nothin' fancy today... Monday and Tuesday were snacking...

Wife made a pork roast...

Usually on a "let down day" like today it's traditional Northern Plains beef 'n' beans, today it was roast pork and beans.

Gotta go make another pot of coffee and write something about the guy who was rescued after the blizzard and shouldn't have made it.

m