Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Sunday evening I had roast chicken, carrots, cabbage, 'pommes noisettes' (French mashed potato balls in breadcrumb), mustard gravy....

Chicken sandwich with my coffee for lunch most of this week.

Last night I made enough salad for 2 meals.

Avocado salad last night.

Cold chicken salad tonight.

Then Spanish nougat with almonds and honey.

1506826938[/url]' post='1884208']

I want my lunch now!

Gael is fasting and can't eat until tomorrow after a procedure so I think I'll just have a couple of peanut butter sandwiches so as not to make cooking smells and make it harder for her.

You are just too kind Sir! Today, No breakfast, lunch was Deb's great Weight Watchers vegetable soup and a great salad. We had a gal come early to talk to us about Medicare so there was no time for breakfast.

Breakfast is now (3) Hard Boiled Eggs and about 4 oz. Orange Juice. My doctor told me to cut out carbs. so I don't have to give myself those pesky little pen injections and keep tabs on my Blood Sugar. Gotta get my A1C down by December 15th, or else...

Cutting down on coffee, because I add cream and sugar. Almost 100% cutting out sweets and soda. The good thing is I can eat more protein, so more meat...

1507669003[/url]' post='1885797']

Breakfast is now (3) Hard Boiled Eggs and about 4 oz. Orange Juice. My doctor told me to cut out carbs. so I don't have to give myself those pesky little pen injections and keep tabs on my Blood Sugar. Gotta get my A1C down by December 15th, or else...

Cutting down on coffee, because I add cream and sugar. Almost 100% cutting out sweets and soda. The good thing is I can eat more protein, so more meat...

Meat is good since you can have that. I had to cut out stuff too. At least I'm allowed up to 60 carbs per meal 3 meals per day, I've been doing way less then that and trying to cut cholesterol too. Salads are pretty much free as vegetables are good for you. The croutons have carbs so watch what you put on it. I do carrots, brokley, cucumbers, onion, celery, cherry tomatoes, flax seed, pumpkin seed, and salad dressing with 0 carbs and 0-2 mg cholesterol. Buy it from a health food grocery store with no preservatives or additives or chemicals on them. Everything is fresh garden grown. The wife makes a delicious vegetable soup from a weight watchers old menu that's very tasty and free also. Then with poultry for meat, I've lost 25.4 pounds in about 45-50 days. I've been doing Bison burgers, much more lean. Take care.

I threw slabs of pork shoulder in the crockpot this morning, along with some vidalia onion and chunks of apple, and a measure of Stubbs Spicy Barbecue sauce.

And black pepper.

It's been going all day on Low heat, and the house smells good.

Later on we are going to have some low-carb wraps with flour tortillas, butter lettuce, pickle slivers, pulled pork (lots of it) and a dash of mayo and Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy bbq sauce.

:rolleyes:[thumbup][flapper][thumbup][flapper]

1508016380[/url]' post='1886455']

Yeah I LOVE chilli... Cant get enough of it.. At the moment I have a cold, I like to try and burn it out of my system :)

Me too, love chilli and hot peppers. Awhile back though I tried Ghost Peppers and those babies were way too hot. Bought them so had to eat them anyway. I had a bisen burger today with a garden salad.

Me too, love chilli and hot peppers. Awhile back though I tried Ghost Peppers and those babies were way too hot. Bought them so had to eat them anyway. I had a bisen burger today with a garden salad.

One of the supermarkets over here got some, I think they were called, Carolina Reapers one of the hottest in chillis in the world... Being a chilli nut I had to try them. I made a curry and literally put a few thin slices of this chilli in.. It was SOOOO hot it was almost (almost mind you) inedible.

I wont be trying them again :)

1508359834[/url]' post='1887115']

One of the supermarkets over here got some, I think they were called, Carolina Reapers one of the hottest in chillis in the world... Being a chilli nut I had to try them. I made a curry and literally put a few thin slices of this chilli in.. It was SOOOO hot it was almost (almost mind you) inedible.

I wont be trying them again :)

Ha ha, love it Rab's. Your my kind of people, not afraid to try super hot peppers and sauce. I still love spicy food and peppers but way back it started to give me heartburn as I was doing some pretty hot stuff so I had to back off that real hot stuff. A friend at the Railroad wanted to try a drop of this stuff I had at work in his bowl of chili at a employee lunch feed and I noticed he only had half a bowl. So I told him he couldn't have a drop, that would be way too hot but he insisted. So I had a toothpick and touched a drop and then held it over the jar until the drop fell off that and just the tip of the pick was wet. I gave it to him and told him to stir real good to work it through the chilli. He did and took a bite and tears flowed from his eyes, drank a bunch of water and threw the bowl away. Way too hot he said, unbelievable as you didn't have anything on that toothpick he told people. That was way before they started making all these super hot peppers they now have. I'd love to try the Carolina Reaper as I think that's the current hottest one out. I haven't seen it. One thing people make a mistake is to down water after tasting stuff like that. That just spreads the heat.

1508428622[/url]' post='1887219']

Good old black coffee and cheerios this morning.

I told my wife I was down 27 lbs since I started this diet and she thought I was loosing too fast and too much. "Gosh, you'll be down 30 pounds and I can't even lose 10." So today I got 3 French toasts for breakfast, the larger chicken breast, corn on the cob and vegetable soup for lunch and a bison burger and salad for dinner. Trying to fatten me up a little I asked? Ha, I went from size 40 waist to 36 so far in less then 2 months.

I told my wife I was down 27 lbs since I started this diet and she thought I was loosing too fast and too much. "Gosh, you'll be down 30 pounds and I can't even lose 10." So today I got 3 French toasts for breakfast, the larger chicken breast, corn on the cob and vegetable soup for lunch and a bison burger and salad for dinner. Trying to fatten me up a little I asked? Ha, I went from size 40 waist to 36 so far in less then 2 months.

Wow, suffering through all that good food just for your wife. You're a good man. msp_rolleyes.gif

Just kidding of course. Nice job losing the weight.