Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Gael bought me home a tandoori chicken pie and a couple of potato cakes for lunch.

Then tonight was chicken snitzel thinly cut with layered potato bake with melted cheese, peas & fresh corn.

I'm full!

Gael just presented me a big block of Cadbury chocolate and I declined, telling her to hide it from me.

I'm such a good little pumpkin~

Tough call. I could live on tacos every day but since I don't get shawarma too often I'd probably go for the shawarma and falafel.

I know, which is why I am asking. We have a *huge* Mexican and Central American population in Chicago which means killer traditional tacos everywhere. We also have all of the Rick Bayless proteges doing their own killer take on tacos. That gives me the fish tacos from Habanero option. Flip side is that my wife does not like Lebanese food very much so I'm on my own when I want a falafel fix.

Gael bought me home a tandoori chicken pie and a couple of potato cakes for lunch.

Then tonight was chicken snitzel thinly cut with layered potato bake with melted cheese, peas & fresh corn.

I'm full!

Gael just presented me a big block of Cadbury chocolate and I declined, telling her to hide it from me.

I'm such a good little pumpkin~🎃

1460669079[/url]' post='1760853']

Woah! Looks like I won't be moving to Oz anytime soon [biggrin]

I am so addicted to tacos!!

I love them too. When I was in my 20's, I could sit down and eat 20 tacos and not gain an oz of weight. Next day I had to eat a ton again to keep my weight at 155 lbs. So tonight for dinner? Ate at Chilli's restraint, I had 3 Chicken enchiladas with black beans, corn, green chili, cheese, rice and a coke. Very good. msp_thumbup.gif

I needed time with my wife today so we grabbed some lunch and headed to a favourite spot, a place we could well live in the future!

This was the view, and it was hot sitting in the sun!

IMG_1061_zpshpp4ibxm.jpg

This is what we are having for tea...baby snapper baked in foil.

IMG_1066_zps9ulvin20.jpg

I needed time with my wife today so we grabbed some lunch and headed to a favourite spot, a place we could well live in the future!

This was the view, and it was hot sitting in the sun!

IMG_1061_zpshpp4ibxm.jpg

This is what we are having for tea...baby snapper baked in foil.

IMG_1066_zps9ulvin20.jpg

Snappers are sea fish I think. Are they locally caught? Or is that a lake?

It looks like a nice place to live, especially if there are locally caught fish!

Snappers are sea fish I think. Are they locally caught? Or is that a lake?

It looks like a nice place to live, especially if there are locally caught fish!

They are caught mainly offshore here ME but the lakes here have all manner of other varieties to catch.

The bays near Melbourne are famous for BIG snapper.

That area is one of my favourite fishing spots and that same beach holds schools of fish 7 to 8 metres off the bank....if you know where they are.

Here's a view from the boat looking back at that beach. I cast half way back to the shore for the fish, that's how close they are! Most of the time I don't start my outboard just use the trolling motor.

DSCF3828_zps7qhqftb8.jpg

It would be my dream to live within 500 metres of the boat ramp and that beach. It would be nice to take Bella for a walk there early morning and chuck a few lures about. The problem is that the majority of the houses we like there are about $100k too expensive for us.

Who knows what might happen in the future though?

Nice catch there Digger. Wife's aunt wanted us to try a new Barbrque so we did. I had turkey and brisket with two sides. Baked beans and Cole Slaw.

I know that you guys love Turkey but to me it's over rated! Perhaps it's just the stuff we get here?

What sort of cuts do you BBQ (Turkey that is?)

I'd rather Chicken to be honest.

Do you make the beans yourselves?

Roast pork, crackling, roast parsnips with carrots and leeks, mustard gravy.

It's Friday evening so I can drink beer!

(Rule I try and stick to = only at weekends)

It's good to hold yourself to standards jdgm!

I have two drinks most nights but almost never start before 5 pm.

Roast pork, crackling, roast parsnips with carrots and leeks, mustard gravy.

It's Friday evening so I can drink beer!

(Rule I try and stick to = only at weekends)

Crackling here is the fat from inside rib cage. They use it for baking here or used to.