Gibson Brands Forums

What's for breakfast,lunch, or dinner?

Mr. Gibson

Friday 15/2

Breakfast - porridge with blueberries, 2 small slices toast with marmalade/marmite, cup tea

Late lunch - prawn cocktail w.lettuce and black olives, half baguette, big cup real fresh-ground coffee

Dinner - Plaice in breadcrumbs with lemon juice on top, spinach, rest of baguette

Also now drinking at least 2tbsp organic cider apple vinegar in glass of water once/twice per day, can recommend this.

• 2 weeks later...

Blimey is everyone on a diet?

Breakfast - porridge with blueberries, toast, tea

Lunch - toast with reduced fat pate, big cup of coffee

Dinner - avocado salad

Rum and fruit juice (3 limes, 2 orange, half lemon) with ice

Beer. A Lidl pretzel.

[thumbup]

Blimey is everyone on a diet?

Breakfast - porridge with blueberries, toast, tea

Lunch - toast with reduced fat pate, big cup of coffee

Dinner - avocado salad

Rum and fruit juice (3 limes, 2 orange, half lemon) with ice

Beer. A Lidl pretzel.

[thumbup]

I need to go back on mine. I gained 7 pounds. Todays dinner didn't help, The wife wanted me to go to the Outback with her and her stepdad. Everything was expensive so I ordered a cheap Hamburger and salad and the burger made me sick. Wont be going back there again. I knew I should have stayed home with the dog.

• 2 months later...

Still eating over here!!

A fine spring Sunday morning in the South-East UK, still a chill to the air.

Massive breakfast for jdgm!

As usual - porridge with blueberries -

2 fried eggs, bacon, egg fried bread, cup of tea.

Digging Zawinul, then Freddie King on the stereo.

(Edit) BTW dinner was chicken salad followed by a banana. Fascinating. And beer - a nice dark porter.

I hope everyone is well? Best wishes.

Edited by jdgm

Still eating over here!!

A fine spring Sunday morning in the South-East UK, still a chill to the air.

Massive breakfast for jdgm!

As usual - porridge with blueberries -

2 fried eggs, bacon, egg fried bread, cup of tea.

Digging Zawinul, then Freddie King on the stereo.

(Edit) BTW dinner was chicken salad followed by a banana. Fascinating. And beer - a nice dark porter.

I hope everyone is well? Best wishes.

Hi John, I'm fine here. Been off awhile doing a ton of work, We may be selling this house? Not decided yet but we're getting it ready to sell anyway. Not young like I used to be, after painting one room top to bottom it takes a week to recoup, lol. Debbie made a noodle, vegetable, chicken and cheese homemade casserole. Mmmm. very good.

• Upvote 1

Enjoying my food lots at the moment.

Bought a pork joint and roasted it on Sunday,  eating cold pork salads and sarnies this week.

At 1a.m. last night/this morning I succumbed to temptation and had a big bowl of cornflakes then yogurt, some melon and a banana.

Huge sugar and carb hit.  Oops.

Edited by jdgm

Today for lunch,  a Turkey and Swiss cheese 6" sub.  Dinner was an Enchilada.  Actually a chicken and a beef  but I only ate half. 

We're about to have lunch out and about,  Deb has a coupon for one meal free at a Spaghetti  place nearby. 

14 hours ago, billroy said:

Ribs on the smoker tonight.  LOVE 3 day weekends with good weather!

7 day weekend for me all the time, lol. Everyday feels like the movie, "It's Groundhog Day' Again!" 

Now I can't remember what was for lunch?  Must not have been important?  Dinner was probably a no no. One hot spicy sausage cooked out on the grill on a hotdog bun with jalapeño  peppers and sauerkraut on top.  Reminded me of the old RailRoad days at work when they ate them once a week in Building 181 for 9:00 break. Then Deb served potato salad and watermelon with it.  I guess because its Memorial Day tomorrow she wanted me to grill out. 

Spent some money trying some luxury food today - Sushi.  Very nice indeed but expensive.

Tonight - chicken 🐓🍗salad 🍅🥕🥒with plenty of olive oil and apple cider vinegar in the dressing, plus ciabatta roll with onion hummus.

And a bottle of cheap Zinfandel rose. 🍷 Too cheap.  😬

I like these new emojis.

This one is 'Shocked Face With Exploding Head' 🤯