Gibson Brands Forums

Super 200 Cutaway Custom

jw3571

Has anyone played one of the limited edition Super 200? Below is a link. How are they from a tone perspective? Are they like a SJ200?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=281969582731&globalID=EBAY-US

No listing available. Either way I've owned a super 200 before in sunburst. Great tone but never really had a need for the cutaway

The guitar sold on eBay right after I posted it. How was the tone? Was it loud, did it have a good amount of bass?

No listing available. Either way I've owned a super 200 before in sunburst. Great tone but never really had a need for the cutaway

The guitar sold on eBay right after I posted it. How was the tone? Was it loud, did it have a good amount of bass?

Thanks, do you think the custom logo that's on the other ones is just a sticker? I noticed on GC they don't have the custom logo on the pick guard.

Here's a demo :

for some reason the put a songwriter pickguard on this one but it's still a Super 200.

JC

I think they look and sound pretty great. With there not being many of these around, how do you think their value would hold? What are others thoughts on the video. It sounds in the video much like a SJ200.

Are you talking about the Split Diamond Inlay on the guard??? That's not a sticker it's done in Mother of Pearl.

JC

I think they look and sound pretty great. With there not being many of these around, how do you think their value would hold? What are others thoughts on the video. It sounds in the video much like a SJ200.

Value for any of the builders (Taylor,Martin,Gibson) does not really hold that well anymore(It's not the 1930's anymore) So value should not be a concern as there are so many guitars in the world today that just taking a guitar out of the dealer (once purchased) makes the value decrease.If maple were to become scarce in the future ...than maybe the value would go up.

But your main concern has to be enjoying your gibson montana guitar if you decide to get it ,,,,

JC

Barring a serious financial depression, any quality guitar is going to increase in value if you take care of it and keep it long enough. However, it's difficult to look into the future and predict which ones will really climb in value. A far better plan is to get one that you really enjoy playing...take care of it...but don't baby it. Down the road, you will have gotten your money's worth in the shear pleasure of having used it and played it.

Archived