Gibson Brands Forums

LES PAUL TRADITIONAL PRO vs TRADITIONAL PRO II

White Dingo

Aside from the DB 'boost' feature on the Traditional Pro II, does anyone know what or if there are any other differences between these models?

Can't seem to find any comparisons listed anywhere?!?

Also, does anyone know if the Pro II DB 'boost' feature can be added into the Pro?

Any advice, input, would be much appreciated.

Aside from the DB 'boost' feature on the Traditional Pro II, does anyone know what or if there are any other differences between these models?

Can't seem to find any comparisons listed anywhere?!?

Also, does anyone know if the Pro II DB 'boost' feature can be added into the Pro?

Any advice, input, would be much appreciated.

The active boost control is switched using a push/push in the TP2; this could probably be rigged using those or similar components in a TP. The same circuit was used in some Gibson 2014 and 2015 instruments as (I'm assuming) a DPDT toggle switch; if you had one of these it would be simple enough to replace the switch with a switched pot, I imagine.

As these were GC special models; they're unlikely to appear on the Gibson site. As they're old models; the chances of an active page on GC's website is unlikely, so exacting detail comparisons might be tricky. I know more colour options were offered on the TP2, as well as the 2 neck shapes of '50s fat or '60s slim.

The active boost control is switched using a push/push in the TP2; this could probably be rigged using those or similar components in a TP. The same circuit was used in some Gibson 2014 and 2015 instruments as (I'm assuming) a DPDT toggle switch; if you had one of these it would be simple enough to replace the switch with a switched pot, I imagine.

As these were GC special models; they're unlikely to appear on the Gibson site. As they're old models; the chances of an active page on GC's website is unlikely, so exacting detail comparisons might be tricky. I know more colour options were offered on the TP2, as well as the 2 neck shapes of '50s fat or '60s slim.

Many thanks for the input.

I have a possible opportunity to purchase a Pro II, but the Boost function is apparently stuffed on it.

Would anyone 'out there,' know if these are replaceable and can be purchase from anywhere?!

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Farnsbarns

The pro 2 is so called because the boost, frankly, can only be described on family friendly websites as a number 2.

[biggrin]

I am smart enough!

Wait... what was the question?

The pro 2 is so called because the boost, frankly, can only be described on family friendly websites as a number 2.

[biggrin]

But whatever it was... ^^^ this is the right answer. I see a battery compartment on the back of a LP, I keep walking.

Archived