Gibson Brands Forums

Axl Rose to join AC/DC?

Rabs

Oh man.. Say it aint so... Sounds like the worst idea ever [thumbdn]

File this one under "I'll believe it when I see it".

Reports from Atlanta suggest Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has been rehearsing with AC/DC and will replace lead singer Brian Johnson on their upcoming tour dates.

Earlier this month, the heavy metal veterans postponed their live shows, explaining Johnson was at risk of going deaf if he continued to perform.

Now, a radio host in Atlanta claims he's spotted Rose in the city and that he was practicing with the band.

"It's all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining [uS] shows," Jason Bailey said on his show on rock station WNNX.

Meanwhile, Rose is preparing to reunite with the original line-up of Guns N' Roses at the Coachella festival in California next month.

Heres a different source (I got the above from the BBC) http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-ac-dc-all-but-done-deal/

Man, ive seen some vids of so called "guns n roses" doing AC/DC covers... AC/DC can do better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6WwLPgwHF4

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there's still a warrant out for his arrest here in St. Louis. Inciting a riot, or something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riverport_Riot

I just kinda hope this isn't true...

Its seems that they HAVE to do these gigs so need a replacement singer.. Ok I get that.. But not someone who will take any focus away from Angus.. It just seems so wrong...

Such a sad ending for AC/DC, going out with a whimper.... [crying]

I don't know, it may be ok, you've got to give it a chance. It all depends if Axl is likely to through a tantrum.

Ian

Yeah well, at ticket prices today, you don't "give it a chance". Last concert I considered even going to was the Fleetwood Mac reunion, and we were supposed to "give it a chance" as they were attempting to gel again. Whatever. 800 bux a seat. EIGHT HUNDRED a seat. Give it a chance? sheeeyayuh.

rct

Yeah well, at ticket prices today, you don't "give it a chance". Last concert I considered even going to was the Fleetwood Mac reunion, and we were supposed to "give it a chance" as they were attempting to gel again. Whatever. 800 bux a seat. EIGHT HUNDRED a seat. Give it a chance? sheeeyayuh.

rct

Agreed! I wanted to see Fleetwood Mac, as well. UNTIL they announced the ticket prices! I'll wait for the DVD!

And, in all honesty, the older I get, the less I like large crowds! For a variety of reasons!

CB

I just kinda hope this isn't true...

Its seems that they HAVE to do these gigs so need a replacement singer.. Ok I get that.. But not someone who will take any focus away from Angus.. It just seems so wrong...

Such a sad ending for AC/DC, going out with a whimper.... [crying]

Not sure they are going out with a whimper Rabs - they are packing stadiums worldwide and pretty much rocking them like always, not just a bunch of old hippies on a reunion tour all smiles and slowed down versions of what they used to do with backing vocalists, horns (apart from devil style), keyboards and crap.

Axl.... Can't see it, but in many ways that would up the ante even further (fervour ?) and maybe free him up to really rock out again. I've said before I'd like to see Angry Anderson get the gig, but whoever it is it will be interesting. Remember how different Brian was to Bon - so it doesn't need to be someone resembling Brian this time either.

It maybe epilogue rather than a new chapter, but it could yet be a cracker rather than a whimper. [thumbup]

Not sure they are going out with a whimper Rabs - they are packing stadiums worldwide and pretty much rocking them like always, not just a bunch of old hippies on a reunion tour all smiles and slowed down versions of what they used to do with backing vocalists, horns (apart from devil style), keyboards and crap.

Axl.... Can't see it, but in many ways that would up the ante even further (fervour ?) and maybe free him up to really rock out again. I've said before I'd like to see Angry Anderson get the gig, but whoever it is it will be interesting. Remember how different Brian was to Bon - so it doesn't need to be someone resembling Brian this time either.

It maybe epilogue rather than a new chapter, but it could yet be a cracker rather than a whimper. [thumbup]

I donno.. I was talking more about the decline over the last year or so... First they lost Malcolm, then had the issues with Phil and now Brian is out..

Just seems like its not really AC/DC any more... I mean yeah they will still play and rock im sure, seeing Angus is always going to be good.. But the fans wont be getting what they paid for.. I don't think its going to go down well... And hey im not blaming anyone here.. S**t happens.. Hopefully im wrong and its a total success.. I just cant see it...

I donno.. I was talking more about the decline over the last year or so... First they lost Malcolm, then had the issues with Phil and now Brian is out..

Just seems like its not really AC/DC any more... I mean yeah they will still play and rock im sure, seeing Angus is always going to be good.. But the fans wont be getting what they paid for.. I don't think its going to go down well... And hey im not blaming anyone here.. S**t happens.. Hopefully im wrong and its a total success.. I just cant see it...

I hope so too Rabs. I guess one thing in their favour is that as long as Angus does his thing and Stevie can replicate Malcolm's tone - well, let's face it, they never exactly had Bonham on drums, Entwistle on bass, or Mercury on vocals so ring-ins could cover the non-guitar parts pretty well I'd reckon when required. [biggrin]

Oh man.. Say it aint so... Sounds like the worst idea ever [thumbdn]

Got to say that I've never been a fan of AC/DC in any version, nor have I been a fan of Axl Rose/Guns n Roses.

That said, two wrongs darn sure don't make a right, and this just isn't right.

I thought that the "Queen with Adam Lambert" was a pretty good fit, but this, Ummm, I don't think so.

Is he sober? If he is they may pull it off.

Personally I file it under 'don't care'.

But that's just me.

EIGHT HUNDRED a seat. Give it a chance? sheeeyayuh.

There is not a single human alive I would pay that kind of money to see.

A very slight chance I'd have coughed that up had Zeppelin embarked on a final limited date world tour straight off the back of the 2007 gig, but that's the only remote possibility I can think of. Fleetwood Mac? never.

...though I wonder what people will pay for the G'nR 'reunion' shows come to think of it [confused]

Quapman: Axl doesn't drink.

On topic, I think someone made this up. I'd actually like to see Axl sing an AC/DC set. Still wouldn't buy tickets, though. His endless cancellations and going on stage four hours late, aso... He's had his chance and he's blown it time and time again.

I love Guns, even liked "Chinese...", but I'm not paying for a ticket where chances are the singer either won't show up at all, or show up several hours late. At that level, there's no excuse for that sort of unprofessionalism.

Archived