Gibson Brands Forums

Tie dye Quilt top?

Zeppeholic

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to order a Les Paul with a tie-dye quilt top. I know places like Wildwood have the Made 2 measure program, but I wasn't sure if this would be too much to ask for. I've thought about it in the past and in light of Aurora Borealis les Paul I was thinking they could just stain the quilt-top with the colors.

I'm not sure if this is a dumb idea or not because personally I'd like to own one outfitted with historic appointments like the True Historic specs and all that.

Does anyone know how much a finish like that would cost with a ebony back? Was thinking of a Les Paul Custom as apposed to a Standard, perhaps a 3-pickup Black Beauty with a tie-dye quilt top and bigsby.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to order a Les Paul with a tie-dye quilt top. I know places like Wildwood have the Made 2 measure program, but I wasn't sure if this would be too much to ask for. I've thought about it in the past and in light of Aurora Borealis les Paul I was thinking they could just stain the quilt-top with the colors.

I'm not sure if this is a dumb idea or not because personally I'd like to own one outfitted with historic appointments like the True Historic specs and all that.

Does anyone know how much a finish like that would cost with a ebony back? Was thinking of a Les Paul Custom as apposed to a Standard, perhaps a 3-pickup Black Beauty with a tie-dye quilt top and bigsby.

Any help would be appreciated!

You could contact a store like Wildwood, and ask them what the options are. Be prepared for a long wait, and also, a hefty pricetag. This custom-built-to-order stuff ain't cheap. Gibson is charging insane prices atm for SG Customs ($6000 +), so I would expect your guitar to end up in the $7500-9000 range. These are things to consider. If you got the cash to drop on a guitar like this, and you're prepared to wait a long time, then I say: Go for it!

You could contact a store like Wildwood, and ask them what the options are. Be prepared for a long wait, and also, a hefty pricetag. This custom-built-to-order stuff ain't cheap. Gibson is charging insane prices atm for SG Customs ($6000 +), so I would expect your guitar to end up in the $7500-9000 range. These are things to consider. If you got the cash to drop on a guitar like this, and you're prepared to wait a long time, then I say: Go for it!

I figured it'd take a long time. I think I'll just stick with getting a Black Beauty then, seeing as it would be just a little less expensive I'm sure. Thanks

I figured it'd take a long time. I think I'll just stick with getting a Black Beauty then, seeing as it would be just a little less expensive I'm sure. Thanks

No problem, my friend. We're here to help. My final advise would be to make your final decision after you got in touch with a store about the options, and what the guitar would cost you. Maybe, Gibson is generous with you. You never know. If the price tag is way out of your ball park, then you can still opt to go for a Black Beauty.

Archived