Gibson Brands Forums

Are you guys weird???

Lars68

Yep, Lars, that's what we do. It might not make sense to the uninitiated, but it makes sense to us. This music thing, whatever genre/category/style each of us favors, actually is part of who we are as human beings. It's a way of life. Those of us who have "been there and done that" (and still do it) get it. I'm not saying that all of us are necessarily better. Just different. Or maybe weird...lol....Whatever it is, it works.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1460236351[/url]' post='1759568']

Well, I play a lot of material form the 1920's and 30's, through lately Ive been branching out. I played Astral Weeks, Come On in my Kitchen, Vigilante Man (Guthrie), and Roll Um Easy at my most recent coffee house.

Rambler... bromberg's version of Come On In My Kitchen...live... Is sonic nirvana. Man, I'd love to hear you play. I bet you could teach us ninnies a thing or two.

Murph, you may be weird, but it's a "weird" the majority of us can understand.........Many moons ago I knew this gal who used to set her alarm for 4am in the morning so she could get up, make some coffee, shower, get ready for work, and still have an hour or more to just sit and play her guitar.

Bingo.

I do this often, my clock is set for 4:50 a.m. and it rarely goes off. I'm usually up by then.

I used to work construction when I was young and I've always woken early. When I was gigging 50 weeks a year, I would still wake up at 5:00 even if it was 3:00 a.m. when I laid down. I could sometimes go back to sleep, but I woke at 5:00.

Archived