Gibson Brands Forums

Randy Rhoads' '57 Custom

btoth76

Hello!

We have been talking about this guitar of Randy some time ago with Pippy. The photo below popped up in my FB newsfeed with comments from Randy's brother, Kelle Rhoads.

According to Kelle, the guitar was bought in Los Angeles, while Randy was on break from touring. The guitar's Gibson pickups have been replaced with Seymour Duncans. The original PAFs were put into the guitar case. It was never played live.

12933055_10153616471303471_6291053489113042917_n.png?oh=8da1362d62710813edbc38f10b509239&oe=57B7B4CF

Bence.

Funny, I saw this pic a week ago after me and my lady finished our weekly guitar lesson.

For this week she got the Dee song to learn and wanted to hear how Rhandy played it.

Saw this pic on one of the youtube videos.

And yes I can only agree that guitar looks fantastic!

Hmmm...

Just looked for it, nope was a similar picture with the same guitar.

It is one of rock's greatest tragedies that he is no longer here.

I am not a HM fan (let alone Ozzy), but you only had to hear RR once to know he was the most fluent and musical guitarist - by far - in that whole genre at the time.

If he had lived, by now he would be one of the top 5 players in the world.

A huge loss.

I was a young teen during RR's heyday. I liked Ozzy, but I was a VH fan... so I listened mostly to Eddie. After RR's death, I don't know why, but I started listening to more of the stuff he did. The solo in Revelation (Mother Earth), is to this day still one of my favorites. The way he fused Classical with Heavy Metal, never heard anything before, or since quite like it.

Just thinking about all the stuff we missed out on, is mind-boggling.

EDIT: Just watched that Gary Moore interview and listened to the song. That's interesting that Ozzy was trying to recruit Gary. It makes sense, a guitarist of his caliber and name. But, what an odd pairing, that would have been. I bet it would have have for some interesting/good music.

I'm happy we got our time with Randy, however short it was.

EDIT: Just watched that Gary Moore interview and listened to the song. That's interesting that Ozzy was trying to recruit Gary. It makes sense, a guitarist of his caliber and name. But, what an odd pairing, that would have been. I bet it would have have for some interesting/good music.

Hello!

Probably, it would have been something like this:

Cheers... Bence

There is another LP from Randy's arsenal, He was rarely seen with:

Rhoads_with_natural_LP.jpg

I kind of made an Artist Inspired version of it:

HPIM5939_zpsz2srqwhl.jpg

[rolleyes]

Bence.

Looks a lot like this

SH_GibsonClscCustNat_front.jpg

Its for sale at Guitar Village in Farnham uk (Possibly my favourite shop) for £1,399 The Gibson Les Paul Classic Custom 2011 model EC+

https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/gibson-les-paul-classic-custom-antique-natural-pre-owned-2011-ec

I like the finish very much

Randy was awesome. Ozzy's stupid wife spent some time diddling with Randy, and for some dumb reason the broad told Ozzy about it after we lost Randy. It broke Ozzy's heart. I have no idea why she would do that, except maybe to brag about it. If I was Ozzy I would have thrown the stupid broad out of my life. Oz could get all kinds of gorgeous women, but he forgave her. I've never liked her since she talked about it on Howard Stern. Howard chewed her out for telling him. I was proud of Howard.

Randy was awesome. Ozzy's stupid wife spent some time diddling with Randy, and for some dumb reason the broad told Ozzy about it after we lost Randy. It broke Ozzy's heart. I have no idea why she would do that, except maybe to brag about it. If I was Ozzy I would have thrown the stupid broad out of my life. Oz could get all kinds of gorgeous women, but he forgave her. I've never liked her since she talked about it on Howard Stern. Howard chewed her out for telling him. I was proud of Howard.

Wow. Sharon Osbourne and Howard Stern in one room. The benefit to the world one grenade woulda been.

rct

Archived