Gibson Brands Forums

Capos

pappy

Good Lord, I did open a can of worms here. But to me using a capo is in no way cheating.

Since absolutely no-one got it, I'd better make it clear now that I was joking! Would anyone be likely to be genuinely shocked? :rolleyes:

I used to use a capo on my steel string acoustic, and may start to use one for recording as arthritis is taking away the use of my thumbs.

Since absolutely no-one got it, I'd better make it clear now that I was joking! Would anyone be likely to be genuinely shocked? :rolleyes:

I used to use a capo on my steel string acoustic, and may start to use one for recording as arthritis is taking away the use of my thumbs.

no I got it!! My "Oh Stop it!" [flapper] comment, thought would be obvious! :)

how ever, there really are some morons that will spew this -garr-barge- .. I love to read the replies after some one drops that turd in the punch bowl..

no I got it!! My "Oh Stop it!" [flapper] comment, thought would be obvious! :)

how ever, there really are some morons that will spew this -garr-barge- .. I love to read the replies after some one drops that turd in the punch bowl..

Yeah, fair play, you did kb!

Since absolutely no-one got it, I'd better make it clear now that I was joking!

I had to chuckle when I read your post, and kind of thought that you were at best "tongue in cheek". And just in case anyone does think a capo is "cheating", just watch anything by Phil Keaggy. I'd love to be able to "cheat" like that!

I had to chuckle when I read your post, and kind of thought that you were at best "tongue in cheek". And just in case anyone does think a capo is "cheating", just watch anything by Phil Keaggy. I'd love to be able to "cheat" like that!

YOu and I both!

All kidding aside, I have one 1950s archtop with an unusual 24-inch scale. The neck's built like a ball bat, but the guitar got used for gigging in the '70s.

Frankly after my stroke last May, I got a little 3/4 guitar with an even shorter scale. Not really the answer, though.

So, after this weekend when I'm doing a batch of stuff for our local museum foundation, my goal after "shooting" winter sports events is to get back to at least a cupla nights a week on guitar.

My plan is for a 16-inch body archtop and capo up two frets to shorten the scale a bit so my left hand has a bit of an easier opportunity for training back to what it used to be. Given the general dimensions and "feel" of the guitar, I think it'd be about perfect for "post-stroke therapy" at 24-inch scale, but... usually I'm happier and so's the guitar with a capo at the 2nd.

m

Archived