Gibson Brands Forums

New addition(pet)

Guitar God

New pet day for me. Got a Leopard Gecko. Been wanting one for awhile, so I decided to get one. Seen this little guy at Petsmart yesterday and loved the grey coloring. Went back and got him today. Little early birthday gift, since my birthday is next Wednesday. Name is Kano and, yes, I got the name from Mortal Kombat. Thought it would be a cool and unique name. Going good right now. Kano is getting acclimated to the tank and surroundings. Not used to attention and being handled, yet. Put my finger down in the tank so he/she can get used to me petting him/her and he/she snapped at my finger. So, it's going to take some time for taming and all that. Believe Kano is around 2 months old. Still a little too young to tell the gender, I believe. But, anyway. Here's a picture. This is before I put Kano in the tank while still in the cup that Petsmart gives you to take them home in..

STkEQoK.jpg

In the Phillipines and Nam we had Geckos,we used to call them FU lizards as the noise they made sounded similar to FU.

Had several in my hooch in Nam,they kept many of the bugs at bay.

In the Phillipines and Nam we had Geckos,we used to call them FU lizards as the noise they made sounded similar to FU.

Had several in my hooch in Nam,they kept many of the bugs at bay.

Now, there's a blast from the past if ever one was!

we used to have one years ago.

speedy1.jpg

he was cool and real mellow fellow, i thought. until that day....

i found a garter snake in the park. i brought it home to show the kids after school. i thought it would be a good idea to stick it in the tank with speedy the gecko. after all, he's a mellow fellow, right? well, not when there's a garter snake in his tank, he ain't. speedy wooped the livin sh*t outta that snake, and wouldn't stop till i took it out of his cage. one of those mistakes you only make one time

we used to have one years ago.

speedy1.jpg

he was cool and real mellow fellow, i thought. until that day....

i found a garter snake in the park. i brought it home to show the kids after school. i thought it would be a good idea to stick it in the tank with speedy the gecko. after all, he's a mellow fellow, right? well, not when there's a garter snake in his tank, he ain't. speedy wooped the livin sh*t outta that snake, and wouldn't stop till i took it out of his cage. one of those mistakes you only make one time

Wow! That wasn't a good idea, haha. Mine isn't mellow, yet. Still getting used to me and his surroundings. Just a baby. Did snap at me a couple of times when I tried to pet him and all yesterday, but I'm going to give the little guy time to get used to me and the surroundings and take it slow. Did try to pet him last night and today and is still weary, but like I said, I'm going to take it a day at a time. But, as far as everything else, so far so good! I hope it stays! If something happens to his little guy, I'll never buy another lizard at Petsmart again! But, so far everything is good! Here's a picture.

59bAz8k.jpg

Archived