Gibson Brands Forums

Serious Question---what's your first name

MissouriPicker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who am I? Who I am? I'm known as Benny the Groin, Sammy the Schnazz, Elmer the Fudd, Tubby the Tuba, and once as Miss Phyllis Levine. But that was at a party years ago.... I smoked a liittle tibet and had a little guacalude... and then suddenly I'm in fishnets singing showtunes. But that has nothing to do with this question today...

I am Sal, and I'm also known the best by people who know me as the F%$%*& Doctor.

What's everyone's first name?.......... I'm Larry.

No mystery here.... Dan. For an unknown reason, some in Colorado call me 'Uncle Dan", for years in the midwest it was 'Double D', presently I am apparently known to many as 'Hey You'.

Most people call me Cowboy, beginning with a USMC drill instructor when I was just a lad. There's a story there, but according to the forum rules I dare not post it here. Anyhow, Cowboy has followed me all my life - partly, I guess, because of my sometimes occupation as such and partly for other reasons including mode of dress, manner, and the presence of horses in my existence. Even in circumstances when I've tried to lose the name, it eventually finds its way home. My given name is Don (not Donald). Thus we have heard.

I smoked a liittle tibet and had a little guacalude... and then suddenly I'm in fishnets singing showtunes. But that has nothing to do with this question today...

=D>

happens to all of us eventually Sal..

Had problems with my first name all my life. My first name is just a letter "J" that does not stand for anything like James, Jacob, or any other name that begins with a J. So I go by Scott or J Scott (last name Stewart). When I first joined the military back in 78 the computers of the day could not handle a 1 letter name so for a while I became Jio ( J initial only) which really confused everyone. I love my parents but d@m% what were they thinking msp_confused.gif I know this should have been a short answer but it goes on.... Scott is a family name brought by my great grandmother Dewey Scott Marie. So there are dozens of folks in my extended family and only two that I know of with the middle name Scott are guys. My sister's middle name is Scott and I had a daughter (lost her 15 years ago) named Krystin Scott. We always wanted a boy and we liked the name Andrew Scott Stewart but his initials just wouldn't due.

So in short, call me anything but J or late for diner!

Archived