Gibson Brands Forums

Wireless

rct

What's everyone using these years? I don't want special batteries, just regular ones will do. I know they are much better than the last time I used one for any time, that was more than 15 years ago.

rct

What's everyone using these years? I don't want special batteries, just regular ones will do. I know they are much better than the last time I used one for any time, that was more than 15 years ago.

rct

Do you mean wi-fi? Or transistor radios?

Wireless from yer guitar to yer ampliphone, so I can wow the audience and make the girls blush with my high energy athleticism and muscular movement during my mesmerizing solos full of awesome riffage and thunderous tone. Man.

rct

If you're talking wireless guitar/amp systems, I've had a Line 6 G30 for a few years now. Works great for home use, uses AA batteris. Only problem is, batteries don't faaaaaaaadddde. they DIE. Ok if your home, on stage, not so much but a battery change should get you through a gig. Great freedom from the old cord, and unless you have a very discerning ear, no noticeable decrease in anything. I should note that I use an AC adapter for the base unit, and AA batteries for the remote.

If you're talking wireless guitar/amp systems, I've had a Line 6 G30 for a few years now. Works great for home use, uses AA batteris. Only problem is, batteries don't faaaaaaaadddde. they DIE. Ok if your home, on stage, not so much but a battery change should get you through a gig. Great freedom from the old cord, and unless you have a very discerning ear, no noticeable decrease in anything. I should note that I use an AC adapter for the base unit, and AA batteries for the remote.

K, I checked that one out Seems biggest complaint is the plastic construction. I'll put it on the list.

rct

1460166214[/url]' post='1759373']

Wireless from yer guitar to yer ampliphone, so I can wow the audience and make the girls blush with my high energy athleticism and muscular movement during my mesmerizing solos full of awesome riffage and thunderous tone. Man.

rct

Go RCT.msp_thumbup.gif Don't forget to give them the most muscular shot after the solo too.msp_flapper.gif

Shure GLX 16. I am playing a gig tomorrow night and it will be the first time I've used it. So far I love it. Rock solid. Fairly light weight. Battery lasts 16 hours and only takes about 15 minutes to fully charge.

I have a line 6 g30 and it's o.k. It's probably not the most sturdy thing going. The thing I don't like about the version I have is that you can reach for the thing to turn it on/off and if you touch the wrong button it ejects the batteries and then you're in trouble. Maybe newer versions are better.

Like others on these boards, I have used the Line 6 G30 for the past year.

I like it a lot.

Great range, great sound clarity, and I can participate in the pre-gig sound check waaaaay out in front of the stage.

No tripping over cables!!

[flapper]

Line 6 relay g30, it works good and about as sturdy a transmitter as I have had. I had the predecessor the X2, which line 6 bought out and made these relay products from and improved from that original design. its a good one for the money , Doest thin out your tone so your epic solos will still be epic..

rct

Don't forget the trampoline. What's a solo without sometime on a trampoline.

Shure GLX 16. I am playing a gig tomorrow night and it will be the first time I've used it. So far I love it. Rock solid. Fairly light weight. Battery lasts 16 hours and only takes about 15 minutes to fully charge.

That one is top of the list already, lemme know how it goes!

rct

I have a line 6 g30 and it's o.k. It's probably not the most sturdy thing going. The thing I don't like about the version I have is that you can reach for the thing to turn it on/off and if you touch the wrong button it ejects the batteries and then you're in trouble. Maybe newer versions are better.

k, I'll look for that. It's on the list, but the other companies are making them out of metal, so Line 6 may slide off.

rct

Like others on these boards, I have used the Line 6 G30 for the past year.

I like it a lot.

Great range, great sound clarity, and I can participate in the pre-gig sound check waaaaay out in front of the stage.

No tripping over cables!!

[flapper]

Another thumbs up for Line 6 noted! And yes, I enjoyed back of the bar sound checking too.

rct

I don't, but a friend has one that goes on the pedal board. Thought that was kinda cool. He likes it.

I think Shure does the pedal board thingy. I don't do pedal board, velcro on top of the ampliphone, next to the Peterson.

rct

I have 4 Carvin units that I use, indestructable. Transmiters use 2 AA bateries, last about 11-12 hours. Reciever has wall wart. Also built in channel selection.

TC

That's old though, right? I didn't think they did that PA stuff anymore. I never see their things much anymore and I've never even seen a catalog. I've played exactly one Carvin guitar since 1971.

rct

Line 6 relay g30, it works good and about as sturdy a transmitter as I have had. I had the predecessor the X2, which line 6 bought out and made these relay products from and improved from that original design. its a good one for the money , Doest thin out your tone so your epic solos will still be epic..

Another vote for Line 6. k. But I was hoping for a wireless that would help push my epic solos into mythic legendary territory.

rct

Line 6 is the one I'm looking at currently. Good looking unit and comes recommended, although comparatively more expensive that some. Wouldn't go Line 6 for an amp or guitar, but willing to brave something as simple as a wireless.

Line 6 is the one I'm looking at currently. Good looking unit and comes recommended, although comparatively more expensive that some. Wouldn't go Line 6 for an amp or guitar, but willing to brave something as simple as a wireless.

Yeah, I am looking at it. Plastic though. For only a couple hundred more you can get one made out of three dollars worth of metal.

rct

Nady Wireless One

IMG_5109_zpsre0u08ua.jpg

Don't know if they're hard to find (this one's from '88), but it's reliable; still works like day one.

Good for up to 30 ft. line-of-sight. 9V/AC adapter. No sonic difference from a cable.

But I was hoping for a wireless that would help push my epic solos into mythic legendary territory.

rct

Sorry, can't help you there - :)

Nady Wireless One

Don't know if they're hard to find (this one's from '88), but it's reliable; still works like day one.

Good for up to 30 ft. line-of-sight. 9V/AC adapter. No sonic difference from a cable.

Nice. They were all there was basically at that time. I remember well using one for the first time in the early 80s. Nothing like today!

Sorry, can't help you there - :)

Thanks. Man.

rct

K, I checked that one out Seems biggest complaint is the plastic construction.

In all honesty, I'll have to admit that I never thought of this when I bought it. Then, I left it plugged in to the Line 6 AC adapter like "forever". Then I noticed that the plastic on the base unit was, well, "sticky". I can only think that the heat buildup from the electrical connection over time is what caused it. That said, I bought it from Sweetwater over 4 years ago, so the 2 yr warranty was long gone. Emailed my rep. Long story short, SW handled the "repair" (not sure if they put a new skin on the old one or just sent me a new one, but I didn't get any of the "new" goodies if you will). Cost me only what Line 6 charged and SW handled everything, even though it was out of warranty. I've since taken to unplugging the base when not in use. Other than that issue, I have absolutely no complaints about the performance of the G30. And the price is fairly reasonable, given the alternatives IMHO. Then again, I'm a home use guy only...YMMV.

Edit: Not endorsing either Line 6 or SW, just giving my experience(s).

Archived