Gibson Brands Forums

Wireless

rct

Pssst....rct...off-topic but (from the BBC last week) -

".... filming of the fourth series of Sherlock has begun.

The three new episodes popular drama - which drew viewing figures of 11.6 million for its Christmas special, The Abominable Bride - will see Sherlock Holmes wrestling with some fiendish plots, while his sidekick Dr Watson grapples with becoming a father.

Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the titular detective, said he was "genuinely thrilled" to be back filming the show, adding: "I can't wait for everyone to see season four. But you will have to wait... though not for long... and it will be worth it"."

B)

Pssst....rct...off-topic but (from the BBC last week) -

".... filming of the fourth series of Sherlock has begun.

The three new episodes popular drama - which drew viewing figures of 11.6 million for its Christmas special, The Abominable Bride - will see Sherlock Holmes wrestling with some fiendish plots, while his sidekick Dr Watson grapples with becoming a father.

Benedict Cumberbatch, who plays the titular detective, said he was "genuinely thrilled" to be back filming the show, adding: "I can't wait for everyone to see season four. But you will have to wait... though not for long... and it will be worth it"."

B)

Oh man! Who cares about wireless???!! Thank You very much!

12a71c.jpg

rct

That's old though, right? I didn't think they did that PA stuff anymore. I never see their things much anymore and I've never even seen a catalog. I've played exactly one Carvin guitar since 1971.

rct

Carvin.com, pro audio. You can check them out on their website or request a catalog.

TC

Wireless from yer guitar to yer ampliphone, so I can wow the audience and make the girls blush with my high energy athleticism and muscular movement during my mesmerizing solos full of awesome riffage and thunderous tone. Man.

rct

They broke the mold when they made you , I don't use any batteries on my guitars

5H

That one is top of the list already, lemme know how it goes!

rct

It worked out perfectly. Lightweight on my belt under my shirt. No interference. Rock solid. I walked out into the audience while playing and someone else singing. Loved it. [biggrin]

push my epic solos into mythic legendary territory.

you're gonna need a $2,000 cable for that,, there's no way around it...

by the way,

the line 6, despite being made out of plastic, (which seems to be a concern for you) is pretty rugged.

I've dropped my transmitter more than a few times, just kind of bounces.

the receiver wont move around anyway, so that could be made out of cardboard, and as long as it don't get wet..

push my epic solos into mythic legendary territory.

you're gonna need a $2,000 cable for that,, there's no way around it...

by the way,

the line 6, despite being made out of plastic, (which seems to be a concern for you) is pretty rugged.

I've dropped my transmitter more than a few times, just kind of bounces.

Good stuff, and I will keep it on the list. If you guys say it works, it works!

wont move around anyway, so that could be made out of cardboard, and as long as it don't get wet..

That's what she said.

rct

It worked out perfectly. Lightweight on my belt under my shirt. No interference. Rock solid. I walked out into the audience while playing and someone else singing. Loved it. [biggrin]

Excellent, thank you!

rct

Ended up today with a Shure BLX-14. Plastic, yes. Not too terribly expensive, works fabulous. I figure I don't want to throw too much at it just yet, so I'll use this for starter and see how it goes. I won't have it out for a night for a couple weeks unless something comes up, but I'm fairly certain it'll do just fine. Man, these things are way better than just 15 years ago.

Thanks everyone for the inputs!

rct

Man, these things are way better than just 15 years ago.

that's for sure! I've tried a few in the past, at shows where the sound co. had a few. Quickly handed them back, and opted to stay with a cable.

Archived