Gibson Brands Forums

One more for this week Yikes - Anyhow

MorrisrownSal

Howdy and I hope all of you are finishing up your weekends on restful and happy notes!

I had time this afternoon, and I thought what would a Tedeschi Trucks bluesy song sound like "acoustified". They play this song (Anyhow) in E... C#minor etc... I transposed it to work with my voice. Hope you like it. Maybe its worth bumping Brown Eyed Girl from the set!

This sounds like a song made for acoustic guitar, Sal. I don't know who Tedeschi Trucks is/are and have never heard this song before, but you play it pretty well. Nice and easy-to-listen-to song. Very steady and easy to hear the words. I'm just not a good judge on this particular song. Don't know that I'd replace Brown Eyed Girl with it though. People like songs that kind of fit somewhere into their life and Brown Eyed Girl has been heard and sung for years. Plus, that riff is really cool and everyone knows what song is on-the-way. No doubt part of my view is a generational thing.

Nice job!

TT are amazing live. I saw them last year... Plus, I have a crush on Susan...

Here is Anyhow, how it was written and conceived... Bluesy...little MoTown even...

My favorite band these days. The upcoming issue of Fretboard Journal will feature my cover story on Derek Trucks.

In the live-in-the-studio video, Derek is playing his newly-acquired 1957 Les Paul Goldtop that is one serial number earlier than the Goldtop that Duane Allman played on the live at the Filmore album. It's a stunning guitar and a bit intimidating to play (especially with Derek sitting next to you). Once crazy thing is that Derek's setup (always in open E on electric, usually open D on acoustic) is set so low that it's perfect for my fingerstyle playing, yet he can also play slide without rattling the slide against the frets.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

Thanks for posting, Sal.

1460330627[/url]' post='1759805']

Nice job!

My favorite band these days. The upcoming issue of Fretboard Journal will feature my cover story on Derek Trucks.

In the live-in-the-studio video, Derek is playing his newly-acquired 1957 Les Paul Goldtop that is one serial number earlier than the Goldtop that Duane Allman played on the live at the Filmore album. It's a stunning guitar and a bit intimidating to play (especially with Derek sitting next to you). Once crazy thing is that Derek's setup (always in open E on electric, usually open D on acoustic) is set so low that it's perfect for my fingerstyle playing, yet he can also play slide without rattling the slide against the frets.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

Thanks for posting, Sal.

JT. Hijack away! I'm a subscriber to FJ, so I am eager to get this issue.

Whenever I watch Derek play, I am amazed at his composure. If I were one of the musicians on stage I would not be able to contain my excitement and groove when they crescendo. Derek? Cool. Calm... When he is really touched by a moment of magic, you will only know it as he will glance up and twinkle his eye...

Sheer awe.

Gotta say, I like your take on this better than the original. The rhythm you brought to it is similar to Eddie Vedder's "

". Always a fan of bringing your own interpretation and influences to a song. Brown Eyed Girl might be a crowd favorite, but your take on Anyhow is engaging. Good job.

Thanks gents...

TT are amazing live. I saw them last year... Plus, I have a crush on Susan...

Here is Anyhow, how it was written and conceived... Bluesy...little MoTown even...

Or this one starting 10:00 in...

Sal, my Dad worked for Susan's grandfather and I new her when she was just knee high to a grasshopper. Then kind of lost track of her and just about five years ago heard her name and looked her up , there she was playing with BB King. Been following her and her husband ever since. Derek is one **** of a guitar player and they are quite versatile.Susan ain't half bad ears or eyes!Oh and I really did enjoy your cover,great voicing and easy to listen to.

Archived