Gibson Brands Forums

Keb' Mo' Bluesmaster Discontinued

KHT

Recently, I purchased a current model Gibson Keb' Mo' Bluesmaster. When I was trying to locate one, a dealer I contacted told me he had none in inventory and the guitar had been discontinued by Gibson. I eventually located and purchased one but that comment stuck with me. I queried Gibson customer service via email and after a delay while they researched it, they responded "This model has indeed been discontinued and is no longer in production.". Glad I went looking when I did!

after a delay while they researched it, they responded "This model has indeed been discontinued

Gotta love Gibson… they need to spend several days doing "research" just to determine what their current models are. [biggrin]

I hope they come up with another permutation of the 12 fret L00/Nick Lucas. Get tonal niche. Need the baby bear to go with poppa (Stage Deluxe).

in the recent past (within the last year) they have done a few of those... an L-00 12 fret with adi top and a Stage Dlx with koa back and sides. Limited runs though. nothing on the standard price list.

Keith

Archived