Gibson Brands Forums

mounting nuts and washers for pots

EVOL!

I have an old guitar that had been sitting in its case under the basement stairs for a couple years. When I pulled it out the other day the mounting nuts and washers for the volume and tone pots were really rusty. I can order replacements online from places like StewMac, but it seems silly to ship four small parts. Has anyone just gone to the hardware store for these items? I also had a few pickguard screws rust so I need to replace them too.

I have an old guitar that had been sitting in its case under the basement stairs for a couple years. When I pulled it out the other day the mounting nuts and washers for the volume and tone pots were really rusty. I can order replacements online from places like StewMac, but it seems silly to ship four small parts. Has anyone just gone to the hardware store for these items? I also had a few pickguard screws rust so I need to replace them too.

What brand/size pots are they? It would probably be easiest to buy online unless you have a good hardware store (Home Depot doesn't have a good hardware selection)

Not sure on the brand of pots since this isn't a name brand guitar, but because my old Gibson knobs did not fit on the posts I am guessing the threads are metric.

Home Despot is the worst. I am lucky to have an Ace in my neighborhood so I'll swing by there this weekend with the old parts in hand.

Not sure on the brand of pots since this isn't a name brand guitar, but because my old Gibson knobs did not fit on the posts I am guessing the threads are metric.

Home Despot is the worst. I am lucky to have an Ace in my neighborhood so I'll swing by there this weekend with the old parts in hand.

Yeah you'll have better chances with ACE. If not send me a PM or email and I'll find you some

Archived